Drive Line Cables

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu

I know Octura does not I talked to them 2 weeks ago. I also am interested in some of the square drive collets but need 3/16. I have 1 that was given to me.

Mark Stein just changed his Mutt SP40 to that system, I'll get him to chime in here.

Gas motors can't take it on the chin like nitro, eh?
default_rolleyes.gif

Bob Tuttle/ namba276 can make up square drive cables to your length/specs. Not sure if he does 1/4", though. He also can supply the hardware for square drive systems.

Stu,

Lenny Blake has a complete double square system that works great!

Rum Racing 602 918-0499

Don
default_smile.png

Lenny gets stuff from me...I can square .150, .187, and .250 I have some collets and ferrules for .250...however, I sell more .187 than anything else so I may not have the proper collet to fit your engine...give me a shout. 831-419-3050

Thanks, Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Octura have made a 1/4" x 36" both end square drive cables and i brought some in past few years. Quality and prices are both great!

Lenny gets stuff from me...I can square .150, .187, and .250 I have some collets and ferrules for .250...however, I sell more .187 than anything else so I may not have the proper collet to fit your engine...give me a shout. 831-419-3050

Thanks, Bob
Bob squared my 1/4" cable for my CMB 27 Alpha. He did a good job with a real quick turnaround!

Stu,

I promise you won't find any better cable or square ends than the ones that Hyperformance does. The cable they use is one tough cable and the squares are perfectly centered and the windings at the transition are not all spaced apart and weakening the cable.

A friend had a few made by Warehouse Hobbies who claimed they can square cables and they all had to be thrown away they were done so horribly. Square wasn't centered. Windings were all opened up at the transition. Just garbage.

I think I still have one laying around.

Worthless brand new squared cable,

IMG_3521.jpg

Daniel,

Out of curiosity, did you try one of those cables you have pictured? Or are they garbage because they looked no good?

Daniel,

Out of curiosity, did you try one of those cables you have pictured? Or are they garbage because they looked no good?

Kris,

The square was so far out of center and actually had a pressed in bend to the square in relation to the round cable.. Those outer windings with all the gaps in them are all the strength of the cable. If you put those behind a strong 29.5 there is no question it would have knotted it up on the first lap.

No way I would put those in anything. It would have been wollering all over the place.

I wish I had one of the Hyperformance cables to show how nicely they are. And straight, true and centered.

Back