Mono Twin 67 hull Suggestions ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Bastick

looking for hull suggestions/recommendations to use in a Twin 67 setup, either something to buy or preferably make from timber, maybe a Wild Thing enlarged ??? to 45" or so

thanks in advance

IMHO....
default_ph34r.png
default_wink.png
I think the Assault Mono would be a good option for that set-up.

Hi Brad,

Yes, you are spot on, I looked at that as well, but it can be done, its one of the best mono's in my opinion

cheers

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Dave,

yes have been looking at all the info on here, the sidewinder's are very nice, am looking at getting one for another project, will be using the Wild Thing 45" for this twin , as I have a laser kit ready to go and modify, I just need to double check there is enough room in the engine bay after the center rails are widened apart

I believe best setup is keep prop distance as close together as possible, given you got the correct prop size ,so with a 67 engine you be looking at 60, 62, 65, mm diameter props ,and try keep distance between props no more than 5 mm.
Dave,

would you go sub surface drive or normal surface through the transom for the struts

looking for hull suggestions/recommendations to use in a Twin 67 setup
here's a shot (taken back in 1988) of a famous Youngblood mono using twinn .45's , just to give you a "visual". I believe this hull would have been 39in length. I believe engine rails were modified to 6in width to accommodate two engines. I would go with 44in length hull minimum using twinn .67's . I prefer sub-surface configuration.

Shane it's going to be interesting to see this build!! Who knows you may start a new class?? Maybe take a look at the Zipp twin 45 mount for an idea for your mono. A twin mono sure does look nice!!!

Brad

Yes , am looking forward to it, as I'm mainly used to building riggers, so it will be a nice change and a new challenge

Latest posts

Back