3rd Annual Winter Nitro Championships Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron B.

Top 6 Qualifiers and Final round Scores can be seen at the link below:

http://www.namba3.com/WNC17_Top_6_Results.htm

Top 3 Final Results...........

A Stock Tunnel

1, Maturo, Jeffrey 1st

2, Rowe, Greg 2nd

3, Smith, Andy 3rd

Sport 21

1, Thomas, Phil 1st

2, Kelley, Jerry 2nd

3, Tremblay, Warren 3rd

A Mono

1, Davis, Marty 1st

2, Crowther, Jerry 2nd

3, Thomas, Phil 3rd

A Mod OPC Tunnel

1, Junker, Zack 1st

2, Maturo, Jeffrey 2nd

3, Byrd, Ron 3rd

B Mono

1, Crowther, Jerry 1st

2, Bellinger, Rick 2nd

3, Adams, Mark 3rd

A Hydro

1, Schwab, Markus 1st

2, Junker, Zack 2nd

3, Murany, Doug 3rd

C Mono

1, Crowther, Jerry 1st

2, Cardoso, Tommy 2nd

3, Mongar, Gene 3rd

B Hydro

1, King, Danny 1st

2, Lathan, Graham 2nd

6, Murany, Doug 3rd

Sport 40

1, Byrd, Ron 1st

2, Thomas, Phil 2nd

3, Bellinger, Rick 3rd

B Mod OPC Tunnel

1, Duncan, Jimmy 1st

2, Smith, Andy 2nd

3, Halbrehder, Mic 3rd

C Hydro

1, Almirola, Ralph 1st

2, Grannis, Mark 2nd

3, Elkins, Thomas 3rd

X Mono

1, Warren, Joe 1st

2, Crowther, Jerry 2nd

3, Mongar, Gene 3rd

X Hydro - Single Engine

1, Adams, Mark 1st

2, Bullard, Mark 2nd

3, Jones, Richard 3rd

Scale Unlimited

1, Bellinger, Rick 1st

2, Crowther, Jerry 2nd

3, Byrd, Ron 3rd

X Hydro

1, Turner, Gary 1st

2, Foley, Tom 2nd

3, Warren, Joe 3rd

Twin Nitro Rigger

1, Warren, Joe 1st

2, Elkins, Thomas 2nd

3, Almirola, Ralph 3rd

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, the weather was perfect, mid 70's, and the pond was smooth all weekend.

Great competition, great camaraderie.

Put this one on your schedule for next year.

The Brandon and Tampa Clubs really did a nice job.

Free lunch for everyone, a free raffle with a lot of great prizes.

Mike Culhane served as CD the entire weekend and did an excellent job.

Sheila Cordoso scored all weekend and scores were posted within 10 minutes of the

conclusion of a round.

Just everything went smoothly and successfully.

It was neat to have 4 people from Germany come and race and people from all over

the USA (even Alaska). One of the Germans won the largest class too.....

It was a great race, sport Hydro classes were down a little but we had some great racing. Most fun with racing sport 21 Hydro against my son Jerry one on one in the championship rounds.

Two-time winner Jerry Kelley in the sport 40 class could not put two good races together in the championship rounds, the win went to Ron Byrd.

You Scale and sport hydro guys better show up next year.

It was a great race, sport Hydro classes were down a little but we had some great racing. Most fun with racing sport 21 Hydro against my son Jerry one on one in the championship rounds.

Two-time winner Jerry Kelley in the sport 40 class could not put two good races together in the championship rounds, the win went to Ron Byrd.

You Scale and sport hydro guys better show up next year.
Marty,

The two clubs did a great job on this race, Next year I will be there again and maybe win something. thank all the club members

Walt Barney

Great race, my second year at this event, The guys from North Alabama enjoyed the sun and fun. Congrats to Mark and Doc for their final finishes. I only made the Final round with one boat but it was a much better showing than last year !

Great to see old friends again and the CD's did an awesome job.

Bob

Was a great race. Everyone did a great job. The only problem I have is got to stop breaking twins. LOL

There was more damage during Wed and Thursday testing than what we would have liked but the racing was great.

It was neat to see all the people from all over the USA and even Germany this year. Maybe a couple from Australia again next year.

The race is building into something special and hopefully it will be even bigger next year.

Jerry Crowther was the biggest winner in several of the mono classes as usual. Really tough guy to compete against but someone who will help anyone.

Not sure how much $$$ in gift certs he won, but a bunch! A couple classes had gift certs well over $200.

We had great sponsorship by companies in the Model Boating industry and again we sure thank them for their continued support.

The food was great again and Larry Beals headed that up again this year.

Mike Culhane has been inactive for the past couple years but came and officiated both days on Saturday and Sunday. Lots of wit
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There was more damage during Wed and Thursday testing than what we would have liked but the racing was great.

It was neat to see all the people from all over the USA and even Germany this year. Maybe a couple from Australia again next year.

The race is building into something special and hopefully it will be even bigger next year.

Jerry Crowther was the biggest winner in several of the mono classes as usual. Really tough guy to compete against but someone who will help anyone.

Not sure how much $$$ in gift certs he won, but a bunch! A couple classes had gift certs well over $200.

We had great sponsorship by companies in the Model Boating industry and again we sure thank them for their continued support.

The food was great again and Larry Beals headed that up again this year.

Mike Culhane has been inactive for the past couple years but came and officiated both days on Saturday and Sunday. Lots of wit
default_smile.png
He did a great job !! Everything went pretty smooth , very good time !!!

I had a great time. Thanks to everyone for making this hobby what it is. My 7 year old son is really looking forward to becoming part of the community we have. I dont remember hearing one argument this event. Really shows the professionalism and class of our community. It really makes the difference when something go's bad or wrong and both parties agree (for the most part) it is part of the hobby and we can't control everything it really allows us to all really run the boat to it's full potential. Way to go everyone. I can't wait till March for the twin shootout. See everyone there

I had a great time. Thanks to everyone for making this hobby what it is. My 7 year old son is really looking forward to becoming part of the community we have. I don't remember hearing one argument this event. Really shows the professionalism and class of our community. It really makes the difference when something go's bad or wrong and both parties agree (for the most part) it is part of the hobby and we can't control everything it really allows us to all really run the boat to it's full potential. Way to go everyone. I can't wait till March for the twin shootout. See everyone there
You bet !! Can't wait for the shootout !! Your son is a charmer , a chip off the old block ! I may have some equipment for him as well if I can get him to give me your snook spots !.

I had a great time. Thanks to everyone for making this hobby what it is. My 7 year old son is really looking forward to becoming part of the community we have. I don't remember hearing one argument this event. Really shows the professionalism and class of our community. It really makes the difference when something go's bad or wrong and both parties agree (for the most part) it is part of the hobby and we can't control everything it really allows us to all really run the boat to it's full potential. Way to go everyone. I can't wait till March for the twin shootout. See everyone there
You bet !! Can't wait for the shootout !! Your son is a charmer , a chip off the old block ! I may have some equipment for him as well if I can get him to give me your snook spots !.
I'll give you my snook spots any day of the week

Just got home. Couldn't have ordered better weather, and the racing was fantastic! Both clubs did a great job. Can't wait till next year.

Steve Ball

This was again a perfect Race in Brandon. All did a very great Job and we had a lot of fun and fast boating there.

Back to Germany we plan to come back next year.

Thanks to all we met, for friendship and the perfect Hosting.

Winfried Ott

Latest posts

Back