Lupus

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael faszcza

Does anyone on here have lupus and mainly the extreme sun sensitivity? If so what are you doing to combat it and are you still able to go to races ?

It took my cousin years before she could go out in the sun with the right Doctor she finally found she is able to live a normal life

Does anyone on here have lupus and mainly the extreme sun sensitivity? If so what are you doing to combat it and are you still able to go to races ?
My wife is extremely sensitive to sunlight. Even driving home from work and getting sun on her left arm through the window will cause problems and her skin will burn. She also has very sensitive eyes and wears dark glasses. She is only 52 and her blood test are starting to show markers that point towards lupus.

My wife has had it for a long time (15 plus yrs) she has to wear a light long sleeve shirts when outside. But only comes to races to visit. Same while driving the car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Michael, You will have to be very careful. If that is caused by photo sensitivity and it gets much worse you could have a serious issue with the possibility of infection. I hope you can get that turned around. PM me sometime and let me know how things are going with you.

-Carl

After several more months of hell and no racing at all this year we finally found the answer. I have polycythemia aka blood cancer. None of my doctors thought it would have caused the skin issues but it did . Third treatment and my skin is clear and the swelling almost all gone .

Ive been fighting this since 2003 how im still alive is a miracle

God Bless You Michael. Hang in there.
default_cool.png

Hang in there. What doctors can treat today with medical is amazing. I hope your treatment plan is successful.

Hang in there. What doctors can treat today with medical is amazing. I hope your treatment plan is successful.
in Australia I'd rather go and see a VET than a Dr! In fact my friends wife was actually diagnosed by her VET when she explained her symptoms to him! The same symptoms she was telling her Dr about for 5 year's! She had cancer all along! I've been in Hospital over 20 time's this year alone and seen nothing but drug addicts and alcoholics getting help! Not to mention illegal immigrants! Those 3 are top of the list for Australian Dr's hope the USA has better Dr's than Australia most Dr's here can't even speak English! Good luck with your health issues! Hope they get you sorted!!

Back