Anyone got a cheap flowmeter?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

i'm looking for a cheap flowmeter. anyone have one they arent using anymore that they could part with? or perhaps just buying the parts would be the way to go?

what ya think??

Thanks

tom

Tom,

Bristol hydrolics on lake and wolf rds, South side of road has them,Northlake( i beleive) i dont know they price of it, but they are very good to deal with.

Sorry dont know of any used ones

Tom

I've got one that belonged to a former nitro boater-turned gas boater. He wants $175.00 plus shipping.

brand new from rossi sales would be $185..... $175 would not fit my definition of cheap.

maybe someone could point me towards the parts i need. i'm not sure what specs they should have?

I have a Tidewater flow meter that has a blown diaphram in the gauge.Also have part # for new gauge from WWgrainger.If your interested e mail me.

Tom give me a day to dig out the numbers for the Magnahelic guage and the Ratemaster flow guage and you can get them from Dwyer in Michigan City, IN. I also have the directions I will find for you.

Jerry

Build your own

Magnehelic - $55

Flow Meter - $30

Regulator - $20

Misc. connectors and hoses.

Case

I looked at it once and really $175 ain't bad.

I have one of the Speedmaster units. I never could figure out how to use it.

I'd take $50 for it.

Jay Stone said:
I'd take $50 for it.
that is sure in my price range...... but doesnt it work like other flow meters????

Tom,

Grab it - it's a steal. As long as you aren't comparing readings to other flow meters you will be fine. I use a similar one to the speedmaster and it is a really handy tool to have when testing. Mine has a little black book that accompanies it. ;) I write down any readings I take after a run. It has saved me when I lost the needle setting and had to adjust it in a hurry before a race - I just looked up the little black book - got out the flow meter and adjusted the needle to a previous note and it was perfect!

Tim.

Jay Stone said:
I'd take $50 for it.
I'll give you $50.00 for it. email me your address or paypal account and I'll send you the money. If it works, thats all I need. I want to teach my son how these things work.

[email protected]

Tim

Can you please email me some details of your flow meter or has Ian seen or used it?

I like your FF21 neat boat. B) Hope it goes well for Ian. what P&L has the Nova got as i was thinking of sending my p&l with Ian for a spare.

regards

Dave

Dave,

Ian has seen it. I don't have the details on me but it was made by John Sepping. I'll take some pic's of it for you when I can.

The Nova is a stock 7 port long stroke - Ian has one also.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a guage for measuring airflow thru a tube. We use them for working out where the needle valve is set to in terms of flow. Rather handy tool.

Sorry Tim

Have been very busy with work and had some sad news at home this morning. my email is [email protected] ;) or hatcliffe@optusnet etc etc etc. I will be off line for a few days. I will be in touch soon

Thanks again

Dave

Has anyone got a pic of the Tidewater flowmeter ?

Has anyone got a scheme how to make one ? i might consider to make it myself .

Thanks already ,

Bart

Latest posts

Back