Steering servo for P-spec tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hi all years ago i built a Dunlap W.O.F 30 . I converted this 30'' tunnel for P-spec i installed a Futaba 3305 metal gear analog servo rated at 124 oz torque for steering . Would this servo have enough power for this application ? Would the 3305 still have enough torque if i was to up grade power to a Leopard 3674 series motor on 4s- 6s ? Regards Andris Golts.

A hitec 5645 id yhe bare minimum I would run these days. I really like the hitec 7954sh. Great durability and power

The 3305 should have plenty of power. I'm using the Tactic TSX57 for my P-ltd. It has more torque and cheaper than the 3305. Plus it's digital while the 3305 is not.

I would consider.. purchasing as much servo as your money allows.

I personally don't feel 150ozin is enough for a tunnel boat.

The 3305 is an OK little servo but with it non digital I would pass on this one.

The Futaba S9156 is a good one for the money. Lots of others to choose too!

Grim

Just to elaborate...the steering servo is one of the most important aspects of ensuring your good tunnel hull is not a turd.

Alot of "hull" issues can be attributed to an inferior steering servo not doing what it needs to do.

Hi,

and the best stearing servo is for sissy if the stearing rod is a thin steelwire or a cable. I have best results when the servo is mount very close to the outbord motor with a straight ,stiff and strong steel rod with a dia of about 2 milimeters. Please do not bend the rod as this will weakean the stearing system. Let the servo run full way that it can do and limit the outbord stearing degree by a longer leverarm at the outbordmotor.

Happy Amps Christian

Back