Pre 1980 K&B 3.5 lower unit ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hi all recently i got a K&B 3.5 lower unit short skeg with 2- #8574 prop shaft assembly's the non threaded one's that you have to seperate the 2 lower unit half's to install the liner flex shaft and prop shaft. for the liner i will make 1 from brass tubing from the article in Oct 2001 RCBM magazine? My ? is i would like to install some sort of grease nipple or oiling port as im not willing to dismantle the lower unit every 20 runs. Where is the best location on the lower unit to install this set up ? Do i use grease nipple or oil hole ? for my newer lower units i use Mercury 2-4-C grease ? What is the best method to achieve this set-up ? What would be the best lubricant for this set-up ?What years would K&B have manufactured this type of lower unit ? Regards Andris Golts.

Hi all recently i got a K&B 3.5 lower unit short skeg with 2- #8574 prop shaft assembly's the non threaded one's that you have to seperate the 2 lower unit half's to install the liner flex shaft and prop shaft. for the liner i will make 1 from brass tubing from the article in Oct 2001 RCBM magazine? My ? is i would like to install some sort of grease nipple or oiling port as im not willing to dismantle the lower unit every 20 runs. Where is the best location on the lower unit to install this set up ? Do i use grease nipple or oil hole ? for my newer lower units i use Mercury 2-4-C grease ? What is the best method to achieve this set-up ? What would be the best lubricant for this set-up ?What years would K&B have manufactured this type of lower unit ? Regards Andris Golts.
Hello Andris,

for all informations that you ask, contact Joe Monoham. This is the website: http://www.707specialties.net/

Hello Andris,

for all informations that you ask, contact Joe Monoham. This is the website: http://www.707specialties.net/
This is the email of Joe : [email protected]

If it is a relatively new lower unit, there are some guys on here that collect those older lowers. Someone may trade you a new style lower for it? The tiny flats that hold the prop shaft from spinning will strip over time and the P.S ass'y will spin. I would upgrade if I were you.

the simple way to fix your lower unit is to buy the newer 3.5 K&B version

the shegg is not long enough for todays running

707specialties.net

joe

Latest posts

Back