7.5cc leecraft servo setup?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy Benedict

Our old(15+ years) 45 size tunnel has finally worn out the steering servo's and now we are looking for replacements. It is currently set up with 2 quarter size servo's in a pull/pull configuration. With today's new digital servos, do we really need to put two servos back in it or would one be ok? Power on the back is a red head pro K&B with an Irwin pipe.

I need some opinions,

Buddy

Imo you cant get enough steering power. During many years I have experienced way too many guys blaming the boat for its "bad habbits" when it is actually the steering servo that is too lazy.

BLS172SV or something similar should do the job

With the high torque digital servos, do you plug them direct into the receiver or do they need to be powered straight from the battery.

Buddy

I would recommend one metal gear servo, 1/4 scale and torque above 200oz. In pairing digital servo's I find they buzz like crazy trying to fight each other for precise centering.

For a cheap servo that works I use an EXI 1228 (208oz) from Hobbypartz. For the price you can have spares, though they have not failed in my experience. Big gears and HD servo arms.

Mic

It depends on your receiver.

I use only Futaba and they can handle 2S lipo. As long as it is only one high torque servo the amp draw has not been any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back