My wife says I can't buy any more boat stuff!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Santistevan

She basically told me that if I bought any more boat stuff she was throwing me out. I'm looking for an apartment with a garage now! There is no way to work out visitation rights for a thunderboat!

default_blink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You can give her a choice, lots of booze or boats and see what she says. Before my wife and I got married, I was told no booze/beer in the house. I agreed, as long as I got to have and work on toys. She's now wondering if having a drinker would have been cheaper
default_laugh.png

Have a separate BOAT CHECKING ACCOUNT. Keep the check inook in your tool box.

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. At least you have already bought the boat stuff and "It can't be returned".

IT WAS BOUGHT ON SALE

Well to her all the boats look the same. For the longest time I was able to get away with "I have had that one for a while". Then I was able to milk the "I traded one of the boats I already had" for a while. Then I resorted to "you got a new horse so I thought I would get another boat", and that one was the fatal mistake as you can imagine!

default_ph34r.png

I have my own bank account and she doesn't care what comes or goes so long as the bills are paid. She has her own account and she can do what she wants with her money. The key is separate bank accounts. Doc is right. ON SALE is like getting it for free. My wife buys stuff on sale and tells me how much she saved. Never how much she spent. Works for them so should work for us.

John

ya well.. boat stuff is bad enough.. try explaining to her you are going to dismantle a perfectly good car with less than 10,000 miles on it to tear apart the motor to MAKE IT BETTER.. then go race boats again next yr LOL!!!

trust me i know how it goes

tell her you traded a boat for it. that what I tell my girlfriend. when she asks what boat I tell her it was a old one in the attic I had for years. hope she never catches on.

She basically told me that if I bought any more boat stuff she was throwing me out. I'm looking for an apartment with a garage now! There is no way to work out visitation rights for a thunderboat!

default_blink.png
Get a DOG, they do not care how much you spend, they do not need a fur coat, they already have one, they do not need a car, cannot drive, they do not need jewelry, they do not want to go out to dinner, a can of Alpo works here, they do not care how dirty that you are, they love you anyway, and the "BIG PLUS" is they always meet you at the door with their tails wagging, how many wives do that?????

As far as any other needs you think that you may have, time will take care of that.....
default_smile.png

Charles

You can give her a choice, lots of booze or boats and see what she says. Before my wife and I got married, I was told no booze/beer in the house. I agreed, as long as I got to have and work on toys. She's now wondering if having a drinker would have been cheaper
default_laugh.png

Woman:Do you drink beer ?

Man:Yes.....

Woman: How many beers a day?

Man: Usually about 3

Woman: How much do you pay per beer?

Man: $5.00 which includes a tip

Woman: And how long have you been drinking?

Man: About 20 years, I suppose

Woman: So a beer costs $5 and you have 3 beers a day which puts your spending each month at $450. In one year, it would be approximately $5400 …correct?

Man: Correct

Woman: If in 1 year you spend $5400, not accounting for inflation, the past 20 years puts your spending at $108,000, correct?

Man: Correct

Woman: Do you know that if you didn't drink so much beer, that money could have been put in a step-up Interest savings account and after accounting for compound interest for the past 20 years, You could have now bought a new Ferrari?

Man: Do you drink beer?

Woman: No

Man: Where's your Ferrari?

......... just saying
default_biggrin.png
:D
default_biggrin.png

Have a look in your wifes wadrob and have you ever count how many shoes she has ? To much .

Happy Amps Christian

German, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Wife, however, didn't see the humor in it, making it even funnier

Christian, in my case, it's not her shoe collection, its a closet full of her dance clothes with fabric in hand to make more.

German, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Wife, however, didn't see the humor in it, making it even funnier

Christian, in my case, it's not her shoe collection, its a closet full of her dance clothes with fabric in hand to make more.
I hear u Mark ....... the closet is full of stuff and then they complain " i have nothing to wear for tonight "
default_biggrin.png

Same ol' story

Alex

Back