Aquacraft UL-1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Could anyone tell me something about em? Good? Bad? Fast stock? How well do they hold up? Been wanting a fast electric HYDRO for a LONG time, and Christmas is right around the corner!
default_smile.png
:)

Speaking from my stand point.. its not a bad boat BUT.. was designed back in the "round cell" days.. it was NEVER designed to go 50mph...

IF.. you are looking to go racing.. well.. I would get something else.. if you are looking to play.. its not a bad little hot rod.. AND all the "goods" in the hull would be good choices for a full blown race hull.

Grim

i know two guys that have them and love them. they are pretty quick with just a better prop and a hoot to drive.i dont think they would stand up to a big increase in power but certainly a bit of room for improvement.

i know two guys that have them and love them. they are pretty quick with just a better prop and a hoot to drive.i dont think they would stand up to a big increase in power but certainly a bit of room for improvement.
I have the UL 1 and just for fun it runs great I have had mine up 54 mph on a radar gun with two 5000ma 35C batteries, you will need to fix the turn fin drive shaft, also a metal prop if you go over 50 mph you will have to add a air **** under the hull just like the big boats and 1/8 scale people do.

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

Walt's Hobbies

OK Rick....I don't think ill be messin with anything until after the first of the year anyway......ive just been wantin some kind of a FE sport hydro for years! (CHEAP PREFFERABLY)!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for a used Insane Hydro. Very good race hydro. I have owned two of the UL-1's and if you want to just have some fun they are great boats for the money, but if you want to race them you will find they take off at not much over 50mph. Out of the box though, I think they are great little boats and a blast to drive. They do sell a air dam at offshoreelectrics for the UL-1's, that may solve the issue, but I have never tried them.

[SIZE=10.5pt]On the UL-1s first outing (Namba Nats) it broke the NAMBA P Sport Hydroplane record by 3 10s or so with Nimh packs.. BUT.. in front of that boat was Brian Buaas's Boat.. about 5 seconds in front (Lipos).. needless to say I put him on the team ON THE SPOT! lol..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]He then took a PRODUCTION boat and ran 63 MPH and change at the LA Saws (oct).. (on its opening weekend).. lol.. man that that stur up a hornets nest of prop questions... lol.. Every FE on looker was pissing and moaning because the boat was modified using "that prop"... Brian STILL will not post prop info on his record runs.. (if you are there to talk to him in persion about it he will twist your ear all day).. on line however not so much...lol (I dont blame him! lol)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Grim[/SIZE]

People give Brian so much **** about his setups that he got tired of posting them. The same goes for me and current draw information. Back on topic, the UL-1 is a great spec class. Our club has run it from the beginning, first as an out of the box stock class with spec props, now as part of a 1/12 scale sport hydro class. They still win but with an air dam and careful setup. The boat was designed for heavier batteries, as was mentioned.

Lohring Miller

Very interesting posts....I love the looks of the UL-1, but according to different folks, the Whiplash 20 apparently makes a purty good FE racer....whole new world with this FE stuff!
default_smile.png

Now you're talkin'!! Yes and also MLBOATWORKS 20 hydro! The difference between the two of those is that the Whip 20 is designed around nitro equipment and the MLBOATWORKS 20 hydro comes in both nitro AND FE versions...yeah!!

Just like to thank Grim, the UL-1 actually got me into nitro racing. It was my first fast boat and I was looking for somewhere to run it and met up with the District 16 guys in Calgary. Now it's 6 years and 17 boats later lol.

Thanks Brain.. and SORRY about your wallet.. lol

Boats are just a good excuse to play toys with your friends! Glad you are having fun.

Mrs, Tooms.. can Brain come out to play?... O YEA!

Grim

Latest posts

Back