ML Boatworks -Custom Cowling for the Backlash/ Whiplash available soon.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
ML Boatworks just aquired a very nice set of cowling molds to make cowls fitting the Blazer Backlash/ Whiplash. These will be in my hands in a few weeks. If anyone is interested, please send me an email, text, call, etc. and we can get you set up! www.mlboatworksrc.com

These will be offered in Gel coat, and probably Carbon fiber (need to test the layup in carbon before committing to that.)

20160529_165838_zps962q0jfk.jpg

20160529_165848_zps8sk2ag5q.jpg

64735182c4d3d9a494c4f8c1207d7577_zpsjxwxrxx6.jpg

image_zpsjwkolbro.jpg

Yep, they are! I will have prices soon, but they will not be higher than he charged, I am hoping lower. Mike

John, this cowl is to fit the Blazer gas sports, not my GSX480. There seems to be a lot of interest in this cowling, so it seemed like a positive move for me!

Ron, For right now, I am going to offer colored gel coat exterior, with fiberglass, or a carbon fiber backer for strength. The carbon "visible weave" will come a little bit later as I want to perfect the process before offering it.I just ordered some very nice Harness Satin H4 carbon fiber fabric to used in these molds. I hope to get that next week so I can continue testing on some other molds I have in preparation for these Brownie cowl molds to arrive in a few weeks.

Prices:

Now listed on www.mlboatworksrc.com. These are made to order even though it says in stock.

http://woodrcboatkits.com/index.php/brownie-blazer-marine-whiplash-backlash-gas-sport-hydroplane-cowling.html

All of the prices are actually cheaper than what they were sold for previously, and are in line with all the other cowling ML Boatworks produces!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler, yeah, it has been around a while. This is actually a new mold as the original was damaged and tossed. Its nice and clean, and I am laying up the first one tonight! Mike

Well, got the mold in the mail, chipped all the remnants off the edgeds, stripped the old wax mold release, polished up the mold, and did my first layup! This one is white gel coat exterior, with Harness Satin H4 Carbon Fiber on the inside, and it turned out great, and extremely strong. I trimmed it up to how you see it in the pics, and it looks to be around 14 ounces. Don't quote me on that, as the scale I have is horrible, it could be lighter, and I will verify on another scale. Here are some pics! Production has started! Mike

20161123_171919_zps0eucahu5.jpg

20161124_095410_zpsgjgdboyb.jpg

20161124_095417_zpsem9jamaq.jpg

20161124_095424_zpsnzf8kvhg.jpg

20161124_095538_zpsedidrzig.jpg

Mike,

Happy Thanksgiving. Do you vacuum bag your layups? As with all your work, it looks first rate.

Bob

Hey Bob, no, its all hand laid up. I keep adding resin on the final layer to a minimum, and let the cloth soak in any underlying resin first, then add any more that is needed to wet out tht final layer. Keeps the strength up, and weight down!

3rd layup in a week! Not doing to bad with these. This one is a glass/ carbon hybrid, just carbon in key spots:

20161130_070756_zps2zbv0kjn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an extra standard white gel/ fiberglass Brownie cowl made and ready to ship. $63 plus shipping. Claim it here, then PM me for a total. Thanks, Mike

20161130_070744_zpsugvmiqiq.jpg

20161128_065203_zpstiycpqlh.jpg

Back