What starter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything smaller than 90 size engines its fine, but I need a "run up" with the bigger engines. Ive used your starter on 4s and its great

Anything smaller than 90 size engines its fine, but I need a "run up" with the bigger engines. Ive used your starter on 4s and its great
Do you sure 3 cells is not enough for bigger 90 size motors? Boris

Last edited by a moderator:
Some are using 6 S with the Sullivan dynatron . Stupid power that lasts forever . I use two 12 V gel batteries with the dynatron . works great but you do have to charge if running 6 boats at the races .

Some are using 6 S with the Sullivan dynatron . Stupid power that lasts forever . I use two 12 V gel batteries with the dynatron . works great but you do have to charge if running 6 boats at the races .
Are you talking about 1.2 size motors? Boris

I use 6S with a Sullivan Dynatron. Starts a Mod K30 with ease. The higher voltage means less current draw needed. I run 4000 mah 25C Traxxas batteries and have never had to put more than 1300 mah back in them running 3 boats for a weekend and starting the occasional friend's boat.

I use 6S with a Sullivan Dynatron. Starts a Mod K30 with ease. The higher voltage means less current draw needed. I run 4000 mah 25C Traxxas batteries and have never had to put more than 1300 mah back in them running 3 boats for a weekend and starting the occasional friend's boat.
The higher voltage means less current draw needed.

This is wrong! The higher voltage let your starter turn faster, but current related to load torx. The only problem with 24 V on switch is arc damage!. Boris

I run a solonoid to take the current draw.

Power = voltage x current.
The Solenoid is only one solution to save switch from arc damage!

Power = voltage x current. This is right always, but not always good to apply to starter motor. In this case current depends from torx load and speed depend from voltage. So bigger voltage will not lover the current, but rise the power!. Boris

Boris the Cole Herse momentary contact start switch is rate for 30 amps if I am not mistaken . I have used them for at least 10 years of intermittent use and carry a spare but have never had to use it ( 24 V ) . Very durable !
default_biggrin.png

Boris the Cole Herse momentary contact start switch is rate for 30 amps if I am not mistaken . I have used them for at least 10 years of intermittent use and carry a spare but have never had to use it ( 24 V ) . Very durable !
default_biggrin.png
You are lucky! I have seen 70 A switch completely burned out! Boris

Back