Fall National Twin Nitro Racing Incident

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimothyJones

Supporting Member
Hi All

Now that Is all over and had time to think about the race, a incident came to mind.

I felt it needed to be shared.

I cant remember which heat #, but was a twin heat.

On shore incident perspective

Don Ferrette and Charles Siler were coming around turn 3 and 4 when it "appeared" that Don cut off Charles.

Damage was done to both boats.

Don had a huge hole in the tub and Charle's left sponson and tube were ripped off and torn up.

The Cd's proceeded to disqualify Don for cutting hm off.

This is the best part ..... Charles stepped in and said it wasn't Don's fault and that he had problems with his steering. As you can imagine both sides are upset, but not one bad word was said.. True Sportsmanship on both sides,Kudos.

The Aftermath

Don in true racer fashion didn't complain, He put his head down and proceeded to fix his boat and I believe even offered to help Charles, but guess what..Charles had help!!.

Stu Barr Stepped in and provided a set of Crapshooter Sponsons (keep in mind that they are all running the same class) Classic case of sportsmanship.

While Charles is figuring out how to get a set of Crapshooter sponsons on his SGX (that's kinda funny all by itself) here comes Andy Brown to the rescue!!

Andy grabs the sponson and rebuilds it in his trailer and gets it back to Charles for the next heat,Again a Classic case of sportsmanship.

I just wanted to share my story and reiterated why I love this hobby so much.

Thanks for reading

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Don had Charles sign the boat where the damage was. It really was a memorable moment. No hard feelings, helping and even having a little fun with it.

I was honored to be around such great people.

Don had Charles sign the boat where the damage was. It really was a memorable moment. No hard feelings, helping and even having a little fun with it.

I was honored to be around such great people.
Charlie and I became good friends that weekend and the patch panel with his signature will remain on the tub as it gets hung on the retirement wall of fame (new tub being built this winter). Not sure why that particular corner judge called the infraction on me initially as a number of folks commented afterwards on how Charlie's SGX twin was not holding in the corner and sliding out hard when his left sponson punched the hole in the right side of my tub. After myself, Charlie's pit man Scott Miller and finally Charlie himself setting the record straight with the CD the call was ultimately corrected. With the assistance of Anthony Black's stash of scrap wood and 5 minute West Systems and Josh Black finding some rather large clamps repairs began. We did have fun getting Charlie to autograph the patch job and many got a good laugh at it. Good times with good people is what it's all about and we had fun in Charleston.
default_smile.png

charliewashere.JPG

Hi All

Now that Is all over and had time to think about the race, a incident came to mind.

Don Ferrette and Charles Siler were coming around turn 3 and 4 when it "appeared" that Don cut off Charles.

Don had a huge hole in the tub and Charle's left sponson and tube were ripped off and torn up.

This is the best part ..... Charles stepped in and said it wasn't Don's fault and that he had problems with his steering. As you can imagine both sides are upset, but not one bad word was said.. True Sportsmanship on both sides,Kudos.

The Aftermath

Don in true racer fashion didn't complain, He put his head down and proceeded to fix his boat and I believe even offered to help Charles, but guess what..Charles had help!!.

Stu Barr Stepped in and provided a set of Crapshooter Sponsons (keep in mind that they are all running the same class) Classic case of sportsmanship.

While Charles is figuring out how to get a set of Crapshooter sponsons on his SGX (that's kinda funny all by itself) here comes Andy Brown to the rescue!!

Andy grabs the sponson and rebuilds it in his trailer and gets it back to Charles for the next heat,Again a Classic case of sportsmanship.

Thanks for reading

Tim
To give proper credit where credit is due, John Brown did 75% of the work on Charlies repair. And we got the sponson mounted back on fairly straight with the aid of a rusty 10 foot angle iron we found next to the old shed behind the concession stand!
default_laugh.png
default_smile.png

Randy the guys that run both Gas and Nitro help alot what i am getting at here the guys that just run Gas only all you see is fights and no help toward others

Hi All

The Aftermath

Thanks for reading

Tim
Like Andy just said it was John B. who did the most of the boat repair,the whole Brown family are great at what they do. I broke my 45 SG rig in half at Atl. one year. David Showers Jr. fished the back half of the boat from the bottom of pond,and John B. some how put her back together and the boat one 1st place with a perfect 1600 points. Long story short,there are some GREAT people in R/C boating in all parts,Gas Nitro,Electric,etc.

The world is filled with reallly nice people. And the best show up to race model boats.

Mark thats what i said guess we will have to give him a hard time this coming weekend
default_tongue.png

I finally got some time to talk it's been a privilege to race with all of you guys. John Andy and Jason Brown were the coolest. Most racing that I have done has never been so lifted up and supported like I got the other weekend. And from basically total strangers excepted like we all new each other all our life's it was crazy . Loosing my steering servo I though it was going to be a long bad weekend after hitting Don. After that I think everyone wanted to see how bad I wanted to race and I think everyone just wanted to see how jacked up I could get.

Just want to say we're all there to treat each other how we all want to be treated .

Gas or Nitro it can all get out of control if you all don't band together for the common good . Here in Alaska we have lost our places to race over the same petty differences as gas and nitro don't get along. I just see gas guy's as derby cars drivers or WWF wrestling taunts it's the big show . Well to everyone thanks and pass ya later after I go through another 7 cases of fuel to get my starts down Charles

Stan, get the tunnel up to the club pond this week and practice turning right around those orange things, just saying!!!!! Henry

p.s. have you told dad yet????? he is going to have a fit!!!

Latest posts

Back