NAMBA - Propwash

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Santistevan

In talking with Al Waters and Robert Holland I have noticed how much NAMBA spends each year on producing and mailing the "hardcopy" versions of this publication. For me, I get the hardcopy and throw it in my NAMBA notebook and that is the end of it. I really read this online. For me it is easier to read and reference it online. I was thinking that by default people could access it online and for those who want hardcopy they might have to pay an additional amount to do so. I suspect the majority of people are like me (maybe i'm wrong) and that is what I am hoping to find out.

I would like to hear from other NAMBA members and maybe even IMPBA members on the Roostertail to see how they feel about that. NAMBA has not take any type of fee increase in a long long time and of costs are always going up. Maybe this is a way to help with that situation?

D

Call me old school, but without having a paper copy in my hand, I won't be reading the majority of the articles in the publication.... extra fees for the paper copy would depend on the price and the promptness of the mailing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we can give members a choice to receive electronically or paper

this should relieve the issue and make everyone happy

It is one of my (throne readings) I like being able able to look at some of the articles more than once. Let alone sitting on the (J) with a laptop between my legs. greg

You can always hit print if you want a paper copy!
Yes, but you'll need to read it to determine if there is anything worth printing..... :rolleyes: Taking into consideration the cost of per page printing on a home printer.....

Tom and Patrick, I don't see any whining. I was hoping people would share their preferences and reasons for them so I think it's all good!

Electronic works for me. I ususlly scan the topice and if one looks interesting, I'll read it. If not, it goes in the circular file.

I read both. When it is put on the web site I scan through and read anything that jumps out as a "must read", then when I receive the hard copy I read it all. I'm sure I could manage with just the electronic version.

...and my reply was a tongue-in-cheek response to Tom's post.... having no indication that he was referring to Roberts write-up in the publication.... :blink: ....doh!

Back