Who makes a 20 size shovel nose hydro?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there are two sizes from MTO, I just dont know if they are accessible any more. I have one of each size, but havent finished either one.

I know there are two sizes from MTO, I just dont know if they are accessible any more. I have one of each size, but havent finished either one.
Think MTO only had 40 and 60 sizes. they are no longer in Biz but think the molds for the 60 size are still out there. I know ML boatworks has cad plans and framework avail.for RN 40 boats perhaps he could scale them down to 20 size and cut you out a set.

I am looking for a 20 size shovel nose. Come on Phil T. make us all one!!!!

TL
HA what make you think of me about a 20 roundnose. That is one project i did want to do, just something different to stir up the sport20 class. I know there are a few guys wanting a 30-31 inch roundnose for nitro or FE that really works.

ML could make a 30 inch kit too.

I built and ran a Ira Cotton round nose sport 20 while the class was hot in district 1. Best boat and class had so much fun with that boat. Had a CMB green head and OPS 3280 pipe "Good Times"

Here is the small one, 27", the larger one is in storage so I can't get a picture right now. Photo link.

Last edited:
Wonder if a Brain Buass- Dark Horse could be converted ?
My boat is too small. It's only 25". Sport .12 yes, .21 no.
Now I do want one, that 25 inch boat looks nice, I could make it 31 inches for the 21 motors probably do good on ul1 p sport power too. I

Have the Cotton plan too cant remember how long that one was, but not hard to stretch it out.

Now I do want one, that 25 inch boat looks nice, I could make it 31 inches for the 21 motors probably do good on ul1 p sport power too. I

Have the Cotton plan too cant remember how long that one was, but not hard to stretch it out.
A 31" boat would be cool. That little old RN is fast. It still holds the IMPBA P Sport SAW record at 80.xx mph (2006 and 12 NiMH no less). Poor little RWB boat is on the bottom of Blue Lake.

Mariner Too.jpg

Come on Phil make us all a 31" !!!! I have one of your boats as many other people do. I like the quality and design. From this tread I see a market here.

TL

A large part of my reasoning for NOT running P limited sport this season is that none of the available boats get me all excited. Around here there are only 4 boats in the class. I can't bring myself to build a 5th Whiplash. Lots of Stealths on our pond. The Insane FE30 is hideous (sorry). The UL is too much work to get where I want to go. I haven't seen Mikes frame boats run yet.

A shovel might convince me to get back in. Something different.

Finlay has reduced some of Rogers plans down to sport 20 size. Ted Jones,Thriftway Too,Budweiser u-12. Notre dame. All nice shovels I have if you want to take a look .

Last edited:
Back