A piece of IMPBA history

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobLondress

Vendor
Program book from the 1999 Internats in Huntsville, AL

Celebrating the 50th anniversary of IMPBA, Gene Taylor had all the US-1 winners autograph the cover .

He put it up for auction and he bid the highest. Later, he gave it to me.

I have been looking for this for a while, Finally cleaned out a book shelf and there it was.

001.JPG

I have around 15 or so of these in my shop that were left over. IMPBA made over $4,000 on that race. Wonder why everyone says they can't make money on hosting an Internats?

Dick Tyndall

Contest Director, 1999 IMPBA Internats

Don't know Dick,

I remember making money on every Nats we held here. The program has a lot of advertising in it. Programs are not common anymore. We also had a lot of big donations from the suppliers.

Bob

The last couple our club did had very little donations,some guys>manufacturers wont do anything these days. I will say in 2006 I think our club made 6k could have been 10. if we had wanted to

From the 99 Internats.. I have a few pics but not to many.

Grim

p.s. It was HOTTER THEN H E DOUBLETOOHPICKS at that race.. cripes!

Untitled-Scanned-19.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob,

Nice piece of history there. I had the privilege in my younger years of racing all of those tunnel guys many times. The name below Tommy Lee, is that Richard Hazelwood? If so, he and his wife Judy were avid tunnels heads as well. Met and raced them at a couple of the northern races years ago. Thank you for sharing. Brings back a lot of great younger racing days.

Ron

The D OB tunnel champ was Richard Marowski, I don't remember him. I knew I had this program and I have been looking for it for a few years now. I moved a bookshelf from one room to another and I found it while going through the stuff. I have had a request to make copies of this and I will.

Ron

The D OB tunnel champ was Richard Marowski, I don't remember him. I knew I had this program and I have been looking for it for a few years now. I moved a bookshelf from one room to another and I found it while going through the stuff. I have had a request to make copies of this and I will.
Bob,

I dont remember that name either. Great stuff.

I had 5 copies made at Staples. They are bound just like the original and are complete, they came out great. , if anyone wants a copy< I have 4 left. I am just asking the copy cost plus shipping, $18 +$ 5.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
If you read my previous post I said that I had about 15 of the original programs left over from the race. I just sent 2 of these to Ohio Priority Mail for $10.84 including the bubble package. Sending one program First Class mail would be cheaper. Let me know if someone wants one. Just pay the price it costs me to send one.

Dick Tyndall

If you read my previous post I said that I had about 15 of the original programs left over from the race. I just sent 2 of these to Ohio Priority Mail for $10.84 including the bubble package. Sending one program First Class mail would be cheaper. Let me know if someone wants one. Just pay the price it costs me to send one.

Dick Tyndall
Hi Dick
Do yours have all the signatures on the cover?

Thanks John

Latest posts

Back