What is considered the best GAS engine for mono hull racing?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffmaturo

I am looking at the CC monster zenoah engine along with the Gizmo Motors GZR 30cc engine. I am new and not sure which is a better motor. Any first hand information would be appreciated. Thank you.

what class will you be running?, namba or impba?. lots of options, here in dist 11 namba 26's are still going strong but in other clubs the 29's are dominant in heat racing. lots of good builders out there just get a motor that will be class legal for your area

Zenoah and RCMK are the lower end price range but still give the bang for buck! Now if you got real deep pockets the QD (QuickDraw) or JG engines are billet engines and run just fine but just opinion here don't cut the mustard?? There is a new Russian and Italian engines out there but till they get some time on them I don't believe parts are so much available yet? There ya go now figure what you want to do!

Later!!

Pat

Can't go wrong with MRD or CC , Redline . I have seen and own some of these engines and they all are very competitive even though I have not been in the Gas Arena in a year or two . All solid engines .

You don't have to spend top dollar to be competitive. There are allot of good builders around the country that can hang with the big dogs just fine. Find out who the local favorites are in your area.

Zenoah and RCMK are the lower end price range but still give the bang for buck! Now if you got real deep pockets the QD (QuickDraw) or JG engines are billet engines and run just fine but just opinion here don't cut the mustard?? There is a new Russian and Italian engines out there but till they get some time on them I don't believe parts are so much available yet? There ya go now figure what you want to do!

Later!!

Pat
You don't need real deep pockets to buy a Quickdraw. If you buy a full mod Zen from a reputable engine builder then add the cost of a complete exhaust system you're not that far off from a QDP that comes complete with the pipe. The QD is far superior over a well modified Zen.Then again, maybe my boats just don't cut the mustard.

Every area seems to have their favorite modders. Like Randy said, we love our Mike "Suicidal" Ross engines up here along with the SS's as I've got a few done up by Mike. In the south they like their CC Racing engines but there are some other up and comers down there. Some will adjust things according to what type of hull it's going into.

Yes, QD's are brutal engines, I had one in a 'rigger.

Latest posts

Back