Talon Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gary Murcott

I have a build thread on Jim s just wanted to share my build on IW the tub is all carbon fiber out of my molds came in at 2.5 lbs getting close to painting

Comments welcome

New Pic s added in post #15

P1020935.JPG

P1020937.JPG

P1020938.JPG

P1020939.JPG

P1020940.JPG

P1020941.JPG

Last edited:
Gary, as always I have to applaud you for innovation. The riggers coming along good. Looking forward to some video!

I'm sure I'll see that running next season. Beautiful job. Hope you can make it to Rochester for the gas Nats

Sweet
default_biggrin.png

Gary,

I'll be the first to say you are a NUT!!! I can't knock your design or anything about fabrication but somebody has to bad mouth the rigger for some reason?? I chose the color, Those colors will never work!!! I recommend more along the line of Orange and Blue with Gold outlines!! That the colors that will go real fast!!! LOL!!!

Later!!

Pat

Pat I have not finished the build after it is built I will take apart and paint

Thanks for the complement I think

Very nice! Sponsons design looks good!

Is that black cowling sitting on the table the cowling for it...If so, can you take another pic with the cowling on?

Thanks,

Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks sweet! Thanks for the pics!!

If all goes well with testing, are these riggers going to be for sale?

Thanks,

Kent

Well eight months and almost done just a few small things and the final set up.This is not a heat race rigger I will spend all summer on the set up. May go to the time trials in the fall.

Comments welcome

P1020986.JPG

P1020990.JPG

P1020993.JPG

P1020991.JPG

P1020988.JPG

Last edited:
I like everything except that turn fin...If it were mine, I would put a fin on there with a nice curve on it for leverage in the turns. I don't think the straight one that you have on there will do any good...will probably cause it to hop in the turns...

Just my thought...Beautiful rigger though!

-Kent

This fin is for time trials just need to get it turned around for the second pass thanks for your kind words

Gotcha...but, for time trials, wouldn't you want the fin off altogether? Once slowed after the first pass, it should slowly get turned around by the rudder...that fin will cause unwanted drag...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I had the fin maid by Randy Rapedius it is a Titan Titanium fin will give it a try very sharp and thin where I test it is not very wide so have to get it around as fast as I can

Thanks

Gary

Last edited:
I like everything except that turn fin...If it were mine, I would put a fin on there with a nice curve on it for leverage in the turns. I don't think the straight one that you have on there will do any good...will probably cause it to hop in the turns...

Just my thought...Beautiful rigger though!

-Kent
The world's fastest (17.262 sec.) oval gas rigger did not use a curved fin to set the record.

Keep doing what you're doing Gary! Nice work as always!

Back