NR quit pipe support bracket

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraysonTaylor

Supporting Member
I'm not coming up with a good way to support the end of my NR quit pipe. A pushrod with fuel line around it bent around the pipe is the only thing that I have come up with. There is no traditional stinger so normal pipe mounts don't work. Anyone found a better way to support a pipe that doesn't have a stinger?

I've had a speedmaster mount for months now answer decided it was a no go. I just pulled the rubber grommet out looking for inspiration. After putting the grommet back, I noticed that it now had some play. I then was able to get the mount on about 80% of the way and it was tight. Think I'm going to try it. Sorry for the confessional solution.

Take some 3/4" wide brass flat stock and form it around the pipe until it meets up at the bottom then leave an inch or so , cut and trim . Drill for two 6- 32 bolts , one to hold the clamp firmly around the pipe , the other bolts to the piece of 1/8 angle that you will cut and shape into the bottom mount that attaches to the hull / radio box lid etc . Been doing this with muffled pipes for about 35 years . Works great .

I'm not coming up with a good way to support the end of my NR quit pipe. A pushrod with fuel line around it bent around the pipe is the only thing that I have come up with. There is no traditional stinger so normal pipe mounts don't work. Anyone found a better way to support a pipe that doesn't have a stinger?
How Bout a Cushion clamp

Or also called a P-Clamp

How Bout a Cushion clamp

Or also called a P-Clamp
Bingo, we use these to secure all our pipes. Theyre easily bent, and we typically fit them around the belly of the pipe or slightly ahead to insure the best hold.

Another setup Ive seen is Stan Simpson created a bracket that bolts to the side of the tub on his JAE, then bends a 440 rod to securely fit right ahead of the belly. The rod holding the pipes slides into the bracket and is secured down with screws.

Or aircraft adel clamps which come in quite a few different sizes

2458_1.jpg

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/ms21919clamps.php

Last edited by a moderator:
These also can be found in any hardware store, electrical section, as they are electrical wire clamps.

Back