2016 Michigan Cup June 24, 25, 26

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Fleury

There will indeed be a Michigan Cup in 2016. Open water on June 23 and racing for 3 days. 3 rounds per class. Classes haven't been pinned down yet but you can expect the usual fair. The range will be from SV27 to some form of T go fast debauchery.

So it will be at:
The Rochester North Oakland Elks Lodge
3100 Pond Road
Leonard, MI 48367

Let's see...... amenities:

The lodge has real honest to goodness bathrooms. You can actually bring wives and kids without grossing them completely out. I listed this first because the prota crappers......just ew.

There will be food available. Likely for purchase. If the budget allows and attendance is good the club tries to pick up a lunch or two. No guarantees on that. It would be rare for us to not pick up something for us.

After hours there is a huge deck and a complete Elks lodge available for fun and games. Pool table. Darts. Ping pong. Full bar (again, after hours).

There are a handful of camp sites available that have water hookup and electricity. Last year they wanted $10 per night to hook up but I totally failed to inform anyone of that. Sorry guys. I'm sure they'll be looking for the same donation. If you're interested in staying on site let me know as we'll need to plan accordingly. I'm close enough to commute but still enjoy staying on site. I hall in my 30' trailer. Usually end up with a half dozen boat morons in my trailer.

Others can surely point you to the best hotel options as they have tried many of them.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying this event is one of the premier FE events of the season. The competition is great but more importantly the camaraderie is absolutely top shelf. Very few have had a bad time at the cup.

We'll up date you here as more becomes available.

Hope to see you all at the races this summer.

Sign-up is on rcracingevents.com

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of us made the trip from Atlanta last year. Really good group of guys and gals. We had a blast!

Back