New Paints

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

It's been a very long time since I've painted and always preferred the Ditzler/ PPG products. I realize much has changed over the years. The boat is a 1/8 scale NITRO so a 2 part epoxy would be needed. I'm pretty much open to all suggestions(except rattle cans). Also would like to know the proper filters to use in a respirator so I do not choke my lights out.

Thanks ,

Glenn

Agree with the Klass Kote suggestion. If I can paint with this stuff anyone can!

www.klasskote.com

Later,

Mike

Glenn, ditto on klass kote, does not flash as quick as automotive but when dry wears like iron...........==={} PS and it's cheaper for us non pros!!!!!!

For respirator, I use a 3M mask with filters meant for organic solvent. Even though I do not smell the thinner, I go a step further and wear long sleeve shirt and a pair of goggles as solvent can be absorbed through the skin and the eyes.

kez

Where are you guys buying your Klass Kote at? and do they have the colors needed for a scale?

Thanks everyone, found out the largest L.H.S. is a Klasskote dealer. ONE STOP SHOPPING
default_biggrin.png

Yes it is Len, If you would like me pick up anything for you-Just let me know.

Yes it is Len, If you would like me pick up anything for you-Just let me know. It is a big store with TONS of RC stuff.

Yes it is Len, If you would like me pick up anything for you-Just let me know. It is a big store with TONS of RC stuff.
default_smile.png

default_smile.png

RC Country doesn't have very much on Boat stuff. Been going there for ply wood. glues and radio equpt for 24 years. At one time they did carry a large invantory .Not now..Nice store tho .

Thanks Roy and Len, Last time I was there they certainly did not have enough to build a "real" race boat. All I need is some brass tube, a Dubro 10 Oz. tank a couple 12V batteries for the starter box and paint. Thanks for sending the PDF File on the PPG/ Omni paint Len. One positive about the Omni- only the top coat is urethane, the rest should be easier on the lungs. I finally found my Devlilbiss detail gun. I tried out the respirator last night and it worked properly if pushed onto my face, but would not seal with the elastic straps. I'll try some hook and loop Velcro on the straps to tighten it up(or buy a new one). Time to drain the compressor and install the "crap trap".

Thanks Roy and Len, Last time I was there they certainly did not have enough to build a "real" race boat. All I need is some brass tube, a Dubro 10 Oz. tank a couple 12V batteries for the starter box and paint. Thanks for sending the PDF File on the PPG/ Omni paint Len. One positive about the Omni- only the top coat is urethane, the rest should be easier on the lungs. I finally found my Devlilbiss detail gun. I tried out the respirator last night and it worked properly if pushed onto my face, but would not seal with the elastic straps. I'll try some hook and loop Velcro on the straps to tighten it up(or buy a new one). Time to drain the compressor and install the "crap trap".
Time to drain the compressor and instal the "crap trap".
default_wink.png
I hear ya, for as many times I paint setup takes longer then painting.
default_biggrin.png

Back