scale fe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Taylor

in process of building a 1/8 scale fe need advice on motor and esc what i am thinking is a 850kv motor 200 amp esc on 8c lipo any advice would be appreciated

This is what is allowed per the R/C Unlimited rulebook;

Power and Drive Train:

Motor: -NEU 1527 1.5Y

Experimental options for 2013 -Scorpion 4035-800 -Turnigy SK3 Fandrive- 3994-850kv

Batteries: -8S1P configured Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery(s).

The total capacity of batteries in the allowed chemistries and configurations shall not exceed a total capacity rating of 6,000 mAH.

Only LiPo batteries with a manufacturer’s minimum discharge rate of 30C constant but no higher than a 65C constant shall be allowed. There is a maximum $200.00 msrp per set limit.

Speed Controller: -Any speed controller may be used as long as it is a minimum of 150Amps.

-For safety, anti-spark resistors are advised on all speed controllers.

Propeller: -Any propeller may be used up to a maximum of 57MM diameter.

The article on my electric conversion of a nitro 1/8 scale boat is in the November 2012 NAMBA Propwash. The boat holds the NAMBA 2 lap record and won the Electric Nationals with Brian Buaas driving. My latest 1/8 scale is a round nose $ Bill. The power plant now is the Neu and all the electronics are in a sealed box. Unfortunately, my forced new identity doesn't allow me to post pictures.

Lohring Miller

PS It looks like someone fixed the problem.

20151212_092924.jpg 20151212_093225.jpg 20161113_125748.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, my forced new identity doesn't allow me to post pictures.
Nothing forced about it. You created a 2nd account which is not allowed and unfortunately it somehow caused your first one to be deleted. There are no restrictions showing in your profile to prevent posting pics.

Now back to the topic at hand...........

The article on my electric conversion of a nitro 1/8 scale boat is in the November 2012 NAMBA Propwash. The boat holds the NAMBA 2 lap record and won the Electric Nationals with Brian Buaas driving. My latest 1/8 scale is a round nose $ Bill. The power plant now is the Neu and all the electronics are in a sealed box. Unfortunately, my forced new identity doesn't allow me to post pictures.

Lohring Miller
read the article and it was very informative

This is what is allowed per the R/C Unlimited rulebook;

Power and Drive Train:

Motor: -NEU 1527 1.5Y

Experimental options for 2013 -Scorpion 4035-800 -Turnigy SK3 Fandrive- 3994-850kv

Batteries: -8S1P configured Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery(s).

The total capacity of batteries in the allowed chemistries and configurations shall not exceed a total capacity rating of 6,000 mAH.

Only LiPo batteries with a manufacturer’s minimum discharge rate of 30C constant but no higher than a 65C constant shall be allowed. There is a maximum $200.00 msrp per set limit.

Speed Controller: -Any speed controller may be used as long as it is a minimum of 150Amps.

-For safety, anti-spark resistors are advised on all speed controllers.

Propeller: -Any propeller may be used up to a maximum of 57MM diameter

so on the battery both batteries have to equal 6000 or two lipos 6000 each example 2 3000 mah batt for a total of 6000 mah or two 6000 mah lipos for a total of 12000 mah just want clarification were using the same rules here in namba 7 as a guide

Latest posts

Back