Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo
- - - - -

CNC

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 circus circus

circus circus

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for the link to Andy Browns hardware, they look nice but I dont think you can buy them anymore?

I was thinking instead of one piece construction, make it two pieces for the sides and utilize a speedmaster end for rudder?

I drew up plans for this and presented it to a local machine shop they said no problem, but I had to invest in at least 20 rudder brackets at a cost way above my budget.

#17 Steve Seebold

Steve Seebold

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

I keep telling you gentlemen, I have a CNC milling machine in my garage and my rates are really reasonable. If I make your parts, I might make 20 of them. but you'll only need to buy what you want.

I'll just sell the rest to someone else. Why should you have to pay for what you don't need.

Send me your drawings, and try me out. I guarantee you won't regret it. If you want one piece, I'll make one. Just be prepared because it's going to be a little more expensive than it would be if I make 20. By a little more expensive, I mean maybe 25 to 50%. An example would be, if 20 pieces costs $50.00 each, then one piece could cost $60.00 to $75.00.

Someone gave me some Andy Brown stuff a couple of years ago, and I told him I'd have to check with Andy before I duplicated it. I checked with Andy and he said OK, but thanks for asking. I just don't want to step on anyone's toes.

I don't do this to make a lot of money. I do it to keep my mind sharp in my retirement.

I usually ask for half down, but for something like this, I won't ask you for any money until your parts are finished.

Right now, I'm only making parts for gas boats because I just recently received a request for some nitro stuff.

Attached Files

#18 Samuel Hagan JR

Samuel Hagan JR

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Steve, I actually need a strut and rudder for a .40 rigger. I'll get you some pics and measurements Wednesday day night. What's your email?

#19 Steve Seebold

Steve Seebold

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

My e-mail is steveseebold@cox.net.

Edited by Steve Seebold, 25 April 2017 - 09:53 AM.