Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo

what is the fastest oval class impba

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 rctinman

rctinman

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

Well now,,,,,,,,in all my years of playing with toy boats I have yet to see one single individual that set SAW or OVAL records that wasnt good or outstanding at heat racing! Cream comes to the top no matter what the field.
Thanks John

And we won't know till it happens. I hate to confuse everyone with facts.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve Ball

#17 John Beardslee

John Beardslee

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:53 PM

Well now,,,,,,,,in all my years of playing with toy boats I have yet to see one single individual that set SAW or OVAL records that wasnt good or outstanding at heat racing! Cream comes to the top no matter what the field.
Thanks John

Just my 2 cents.
Steve Ball
Are we talking facts here or true facts? Hope his real job will one day let him come play with us, until then we can talk and spin it all in every direction and well all be right.
Good Luck in France to you and all the US contingent! Great ambassadors all and excellent representatives of US model boating!
Thanks John

#18 Greg Wannamaker

Greg Wannamaker

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:59 PM

what is the fastest class  gas or nitro  single or twin  or electric    want one extreme  Oval  rigger        Thanks  for any answers        adam

Loaded question, as to what direction to go in, I would lean towards what others are racing in your back yard, the fastest boat on the planet is a waste if you don’t have buddies to race against. Then, pick your poison and spend every waking moment and $$ trying to make it the fastest you can. Then race it for the imaginary glory that fuels your passion, whether that is a 21 or 91 hydro, pushing your boat out to its design limit is a hoot. I have them all and I enjoy them all on different days but I do find that I like the bigger bore engines more, love the howl and final speeds. I’m a Nitro guy and always will be, I secretly hope that the electric and gas guys will wake up one
day and say “what were we thinking?” :) That said gas is getting faster but Wow do guys pour the $$ into mods to get there. Electrics are wicked fast but their lipo power source freak me out, nothing funny about the fire risk they are, especially when you chase their max speed capability.

That all said, make the choice and chase it, just know it’s a disease and you will one day wake up surrounded with boats and a wife that shakes her head!

#19 LohringMiller

LohringMiller

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:50 AM

+1

How's that K67 doing?

Lohring Miller

#20 Mark Grannis

Mark Grannis

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

Thanks John

Just my 2 cents.

Steve Ball

I'm with Steve,  Not saying heat racing can't be learned, but passing 3-4 boast while racing 1or 2 others with heat racing water is much different.  Now throw in a dead boat or two in lanes 2-4 exiting the left turn and/or entering the right turn. Each lap the water conditions have changed.  Do you have the best coach behind you giving difference making information?  Oh, don't forget to nail the start.   It just is not the same.

Now make it a two boat GRUDGE...I'm sure his fastest two lap oval could fair nicely.

Respectfully,

MG

#21 timwhalen

timwhalen

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:44 PM

what is the fastest class  gas or nitro  single or twin  or electric    want one extreme  Oval  rigger        Thanks  for any answers        adam             

Anything that Martin Truex Jr. runs :D .  21's through twins.

Stu

+1 LMAO!

#22 adam larvenz

adam larvenz

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:43 PM

think  I may go gas single engine  .  and  a new 90  nitro  engine    thanks  every one  

#23 longballlumber

longballlumber

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:00 PM

After today he probably has the fastest offshore gas boat too! LOL. (Its a joke people)

At the end of the day he leads a different life than most of us. Not good, not bad.... just different. We all can only wish to have resources that he has. The cool thing is he is playing toy boats with us! (Wink wink)

Edited by longballlumber, 24 June 2018 - 04:06 PM.

#24 Mark Grannis

Mark Grannis

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

Adam, good luck & enjoy you selection whichever way you go.  RC boating is an outstanding experience with many options!  All the differences make RC Boating grow.

MG

#25 Michael Costanzo

Michael Costanzo

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

Adam, good luck & enjoy you selection whichever way you go.  RC boating is an outstanding experience with many options!  All the differences make RC Boating grow.

MG

well said!! ^^^

#26 John Beardslee

John Beardslee

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

MG

well said!! ^^^

Ahhhh the absolute diplomat of model boating!!! We need to clone Mark Grannis!!! His father is smiling for sure!
Thanks John

#27 gooycheese

gooycheese

Chat Moderator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

I always like d & e hydro for heat racing.... record trials all can be fast, but it's not a plug and play game...lotsa trial and error... we all know Martin has invested lotsa time getting his boats where they are...like wise people like Stu and many others have spent lotsa time getting there heat race boats where they are...

Good luck in your quest for speed.

#28 dick jones

dick jones

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:53 PM

think  I may go gas single engine  .  and  a new 90  nitro  engine    thanks  every one  

Adam

Great to see U on the IW site, hope U are doing well, I am glad U are still RC boating, what ever boat U decide, remember,"Gasoline stinks"!!!!!!!

Happy boating

dick