Picco .21 Marine Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Bryant

Supporting Member
Seems there's a few newer Picco 21 marine engine variants floating around out there, under different names. Or, at least in pictures. Just wondering if anyone has gotten their hands on any of these latest Picco 21 products? And how they perform?

[A] Picco Torque .21 Marine-X Type EDOMOD

http://teampicco.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=221

seems to be the latest release

Picco P21-R MarineTurbo

maybe prior release?

Picco_Torque-.21_Marine-X_TypeEdomod_01.jpg

Picco_P21-R_MarineTurbo_03.jpg

hi david i have been playing with the 2012 edo mod picco 21 marine engine like in your pics, they preform well and i raced one here in melbourne, australia last weekend and it prefromed well, there is a new marine 21 picco coming out in may and it is modeld on there car on road engine, the numbers are goos and they suit mono,s or hydros, they have alot of torque and rev well also,,, the 2012 edo one has a 16.06 stroke but the new 2014 emx marine engine has a 17.06 ml stroke , like a super long stroke style,, so all as i can say is give them a go david , you will not be suprised mate cheers jason

thanks for he heads-up on the new 2014 emx marine engine with updated stroke. I will look-out for this model.

Also noticed these engines are pictured with the car cranks? (front thread configuration for car flywheel/clutch). No marine flywheel (as Brad noted)?

just udating some news on the picco 21 marine race engine which are the mod edo and the new emx . i recently race each of these 2 engines at the australian nationals held in nsw , australia. i placed 2nd overall in the 3.5cc , amono class with an picco emx and also placed 2nd overall with my jae 20 picco powered edo mod rigger. with the a mono class i had the fastes heat time for the class which was 1.15sec using a speedmaster series one hull and a picco emx 21 race engine . yes these engines have the pony,s . many thanks jason jury. P1000041.JPGP1000042.JPG

just udating some news on the picco 21 marine race engine which are the mod edo and the new emx . i recently race each of these 2 engines at the australian nationals held in nsw , australia. i placed 2nd overall in the 3.5cc , amono class with an picco emx and also placed 2nd overall with my jae 20 picco powered edo mod rigger. with the a mono class i had the fastes heat time for the class which was 1.28sec using a speedmaster series one hull and a picco emx 21 race engine . yes these engines have the pony,s . many thanks jason jury.
attachicon.gif
P1000041.JPG
attachicon.gif
P1000042.JPG

hi david both engines have had no mods done to the liner or crank at all. all i have done is use a reduced bowl size on the head button and reduced the water volume using a moded water jacket. head clearance is set at 0.8000 , running both engines on 60% nitro using a odonell v2 standard glow plug , hope this helps cheers jason

Latest posts

Back