45 twin new build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenBeller

Walt Barney tanks, Sholund 2317 props, Nova Rossi 46 (Adam Blevins) hull is a clone scratch built from a Crapshooter, cowl generously provided free from Kevin Sheren pipes are Mac

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice should be fast and fun nice to see another 45 twin. Would be great to see a video? Props are a little big for break in but will be real fast later. I’m surprised Mark didn’t start 2217s then 2219s Good luck Charlie

I broken in my 45 twin with 2317s then ran 2319s and 2321s. You should have no problem Ken proceed

Twin 45's are awesome, This 45 won F hydro up at the 2013 Indy Masters...
936940_459825857429921_1107685472_n.jpg

Should go well with the novas,,,,I have a 45 carbon rigger you once owned that looks like a Roadrunner clone..

Nice looking boat! Should be real fast.

I had a Coyote/OS Max 46 twin way back in 1984...I know Kevin Sheren saw it run.
default_smile.png

Coyote OS Max 46 twin 1984.jpg

Coyote OS Max 46 twin 1984a.jpg

I remember it well Blair. Lots of twins at D2 races back then.

Thanks John
Used 2.4 props from Beardlee's prop service, .....went through the timing course at 80mph+ at Thread Lake with them back then.

Ran 1662's in heat racing.

Boat was real fun to drive....
default_smile.png

John, there were a heck of a lot of twins for sure back then....remember the twin called the Black Russian?

Thanks John
Used 2.4 props from Beardlee's prop service, .....went through the timing course at 80mph+ at Thread Lake with them back then.

default_smile.png

John, there were a heck of a lot of twins for sure back then....remember the twin called the Black Russian?
Sure do, it was Ron Walkers second geared twin (Bridge style) Beat it a few times with my 46 twins. I think it was all in the props, of course Ron was running good props as well. Fun times and great memories for sure. You and your Dad were a part of that fabric that has made D2 a pinnacle in model boating history.

Thanks John

Grayson I buy long hose clamps cut them to size and shrink wrap the SS it works very well

Ken

Thanks John

default_smile.png

Sure do, it was Ron Walkers second geared twin (Bridge style) Beat it a few times with my 46 twins. I think it was all in the props, of course Ron was running good props as well. Fun times and great memories for sure. You and your Dad were a part of that fabric that has made D2 a pinnacle in model boating history.

Thanks John
john i belive there is a geared twin still hanging on a wall in Windsor .

Thanks John

default_smile.png

Sure do, it was Ron Walkers second geared twin (Bridge style) Beat it a few times with my 46 twins. I think it was all in the props, of course Ron was running good props as well. Fun times and great memories for sure. You and your Dad were a part of that fabric that has made D2 a pinnacle in model boating history.Thanks John
john i belive there is a geared twin still hanging on a wall in Windsor .
Hummmmm, where? Wonder whos it was? John built 3 or 4, Dave Turner built 1, Ron Walker built 2. Dont recall any others, maybe Jerry will see this and comment. He was instrumental in helping get the gears to live for John.

Joachim yes Mac but they are out of business and K&B bought remaining inventory. They are 1349

Ken

Latest posts

Back