Name that Vintage Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, that is definitely an Octura Wing Ding. It has more distinctive sharper corners (notice how "pointed" the rear portion of the front sponsons are). What a crazy looking finish

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is a Wing Ding wood Octura's rigger.....built some of them in the early 80's with black head Picco's 65. Gill

This might just be the only one of these left in captivity. You are truly special if you have one of these.

20180727_142741_1532720425946.jpeg

No sir it was custom built for me by a gentleman named Nugga in Germany. I never knew his first name everyone just called him Nugga.I went to his house every night for about a week just to see the whole process. I think I might of even helped with the molding process. This boat is very stout. I stuck the right sponson into a buoy all the way up to the second aluminum tube. Unbolted the sponson changed out the tubes and ready for the next heat.

Another rigger from the Ninties. since the front sponsons aren't there I will give you a hint> Kit came from tidewater Boats In Bastrop Louisiana. I will be trying to get this one running someday soon.

20180727_192404.jpg

Another rigger from the Ninties. since the front sponsons aren't there I will give you a hint> Kit came from tidewater Boats In Bastrop Louisiana. I will be trying to get this one running someday soon.
Jaguar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Gerald,

is inside your „nugga rigger“ a small label MR boats?

The nick name nugga don‘t say me anything though i am in modelboats in Germany since 1967.

Greetings

Joachim

Joachim, I think Nugga was his last Name. He lived in a small village near Kaiserslautern. There is no sticker on it this came from a mold he made. I don't know what boat he made the mold from. He told me was his design. When a man is building you a boat for the cost of materials I don't ask too many questions? I think the hull cast me 100 DM in the early nineties.

Gerald, i know the two peaple that lived near Kaiserslautern here in Germany.

The name of them were Russ Scaroni and Michael Haag.

Both were very active in the late 80s and 90s. At this time the „american classes“ with riggers and monos arent very popular in Germany, we ran boats for Naviga classes.

Have fun with your german rigger

Joachim

Back