Fun with Tunnels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

Gang,

Just to lighten the mood around here.. here is a picture of some of my tunnel boat kits.. OK.. the little Hot Shot is built and the TS was............painted for what event?

Who remembers what?

Grim

20171115_203551_resized.jpg

6CD7DCC5-9CF1-427E-829B-B67ED0118DE6.jpeg

Since Im not sure where the Top Speed is from (Lol, before my time), heres a pretty cool old boat. Nelson Fordham hand built this years ago, still running an old KB 3.5!

I actually might know... is that one of the hulls used in the internats endurance race? Remember hearing stories from Dad and Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike

I remember all the tunnels you posted.Must be getting old.LOLI would like to find a Toms Cat tunnel.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the golden Top Speed from the IROC race back at the IMPBA Internats held at Quad Cities? Or, maybe the IROC race at the IMPBA Internats at Jackson, Tennessee?

JD

Mike, know anyone with a Nemesis kit un built? I would be keen for one to go with my Villain S1 kit :)

John Starks plans bought from Boat Modeler Magazine. Built it in 1991 I think, enlarged plans for a K&B 3.5 outboard. Original plans were for Electric.
default_cool.png

tunnel.jpg

The "gold" (really poop brown) is indeed from the 2000 internats in Iowa..lol

I know of no more Nemieis kits..or come to think of it.. (Big B has one.. or more.. I don't know...)

Grim

Brandon and Ray.. cool pics.. Fun to look back.

Me.. I have one 40 tunnel (HTV..its retired) all my tunnels are 21s.. (love those little boats!)

Grim

aha.. maybe.. the one I have is a 21 and has a HUGE rocker on the bottom.. its a completely useless boat for the type of racing we do in the US.. (years ago... we tried)

I understand they may have introduced a low rocker version but all the ones i have seen have the rocker as well as the one I have NIB.

Grim

I dont have a boat from the 2005 IROC race. We cut them up back when i was at Hobbico. Having said this I did race one of the motors off one of those boats for YEARS.. lol.. I raced it until it split the case..(yea.. I know.. Team OS and I get the hand me downs!)

I also have the original motor off of the "gold" boat. Its gummy but loose and needs bearings.. I pulled the mount plate off so I could setup the transom on a new boat I have. Not all of those motors made it back from the race in 2000. Some of the racers took "liberty's" with the needles.

Grim

COOL.. My bud Big has a DPI tunny that is ABS.. the old MRP boat was not to bad.. (I trashed a few of those before my move back to WI)

Yes.. I purged a few boats.. LOL.. I had one of those 12 powered belt drive POS too....Trash can.. BA BANG!

Grim

Here's me with my trusty Nemesis. This pic was taken after getting a perfect score in B sport tunnel, B mod tunnel, and B hydro a the District 4 Champs a few years back. The boat has since been retired after becoming a magnet for getting hit... hit at Badgers, Mendota, and 3 times at Hobart all in consecutive races. I figured if I wanted to hand this down a generation as a first boat I had better put her in the rafters.

Nemesis.jpg

Here's me with my trusty Nemesis. This pic was taken after getting a perfect score in B sport tunnel, B mod tunnel, and B hydro a the District 4 Champs a few years back. The boat has since been retired after becoming a magnet for getting hit... hit at Badgers, Mendota, and 3 times at Hobart all in consecutive races. I figured if I wanted to hand this down a generation as a first boat I had better put her in the rafters.
That's a great running tunnel Dean. Raced against you many times at Mendota!!
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Super cool.. going to miss ya this summer man..

Big Al still has his going and we are planing sponson updates for it.. (nothing special.. )

Grim

I'll miss racing with you guys, too! Gas is king down here in God's country, so I'll have my hands full learning how to tune these things... I think you just pull a cord and put the boat in the water, though. LOL

My dad also has a ton of very cool old pictures I'd like to get my hands on and share, and with him being a tunnel head, they're mostly tunnel related. Some cool ones from when he submitted pics of his D tunnel and my B tunnel to RC Boat Modeler and they wrote up an article on them - I think that was in the late 80's, maybe early 90's. He still has the pics along with the actual magazine. I'll see if he can snap some pics and send them to me so I can share.

VERY VERY NICE!.. thanks for showing em off

I have a mucks Bushwacker Hydro new in the box..

Grim

Back