Vanished 1 VS1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidrichmond

Sadly the VS1 has been discontinued. What hulls do you guys recommend for competition sport3.5 class?I have two VS1's but they won't last forever.

D#7 namba#457

I would suggest a lynx, dragon m11 or vision 20. I believe you will be happy with any of these hulls. Very happy

PTI racing, but then again, I'm a bit biased!
default_tongue.png
default_biggrin.png
I'll even toss out Thor. Really can't go wrong with any of the hulls mentioned

Well.. I must say.. that was a good run.. the boat was designed in 1997 in the back room of the Hobby Master in Eau Claire WI.

I started building and testing shortly after.. it went to its first Internats in 1999 and placed 3rd.. we took it back in 2000 and won with a perfect score!

I sat on the boat and ponder it for a year so so and then decided to kit it. So in 2002 it made it to market.

in 2005 I sold the boat and all its rights to Hobbico in hopes that it would be come an AquaCraft Product. It did in 2007/8ish.

The fun thing about the boat is even though it can be tricky to make go fast when you have a flight of sport tunnels the Villain S1 / VS1, and the water is right.. you have a really fun race on your hands.

From me.. for what its worth.. Thanks to all that purchased and enjoyed the boat. Thank you AquaCraft (Russ) for allowing the boat to continue and your support as well.

That was a fun run!

Grimracer

Won a lot of 20 Stock Tunnel races with my S1 and VS1s. However, my most memorable finish was placing second to John Otto in a B Sport Tunnel run off back at Hobart a few years back. John and I played a real "Cat and Mouse Game" during the mill attempting to get lane one just prior to the start. John took the inside lane one on the backstretch right before the start and the Godfather of model tunnel racing "schooled" Dunny in that runoff.

JD

Won a lot of 20 Stock Tunnel races with my S1 and VS1s. However, my most memorable finish was placing second to John Otto in a B Sport Tunnel run off back at Hobart a few years back. John and I played a real "Cat and Mouse Game" during the mill attempting to get lane one just prior to the start. John took the inside lane one on the backstretch right before the start and the Godfather of model tunnel racing "schooled" Dunny in that runoff.

JD
Dunny.....You just cannot trust anyone anymore who spells his name the same frontwards or backwards...lololol
default_biggrin.png
:D
default_biggrin.png
:D

That was a great race......
default_wink.png

Well.. I must say.. that was a good run.. the boat was designed in 1997 in the back room of the Hobby Master in Eau Claire WI.

I started building and testing shortly after.. it went to its first Internats in 1999 and placed 3rd.. we took it back in 2000 and won with a perfect score!

I sat on the boat and ponder it for a year so so and then decided to kit it. So in 2002 it made it to market.

in 2005 I sold the boat and all its rights to Hobbico in hopes that it would be come an AquaCraft Product. It did in 2007/8ish.

The fun thing about the boat is even though it can be tricky to make go fast when you have a flight of sport tunnels the Villain S1 / VS1, and the water is right.. you have a really fun race on your hands.

From me.. for what its worth.. Thanks to all that purchased and enjoyed the boat. Thank you AquaCraft (Russ) for allowing the boat to continue and your support as well.

That was a fun run!

Grimracer

I loved my Villain then had to whine many years to get a VS-1 Thanks Mike Z and Russ for a good boat........... PS I know where the first VS-1 still sits Curt Powell has it

That was a fun run!

Grimracer
Grim thanks for all that you did with that boat. I had a blast with both of mine!!!!

20170319_185229.jpg

20160802_165441.jpg

20170819_112901_HDR.jpg

Thanks for the complement Dunny That was a great great race For sure a high lite of my racing days

Yea, thanks again Mikie for a great design an the confidence in me to change things up a little. Its been a cool run fer sure!

Gene

Edit

added pic:

Screenshot_2018-03-23-14-30-37.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, great boat (and kit) for sure. Glad I scored a Villain S1 kit from Robin a while back. It will probably be a build I do with my Daughters
default_smile.png

Fun boats. I had a OS powered VS1 for awhile, and still have a K&B powered Villain S1 around here somewhere.

Latest posts

Back