What has R/c rigger tech done to full size..?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigChuck

Been doing a lot of full size this summer. Just one full size racer adding out rigger tech to there design and race equipment.....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's bad ass went to Augusta to watch the top fuel boats. And it was super cool looking at full size riggers with giant fire breathing motors

2iqd177.jpg

is that a drag boat, or oval course? I was under the impression that outrigger-style hydroplanes didn't work all that well when scaled up to full size.

RC rigger tec has saved a lot of lives --You can thank Dan Ellison for introducing the outrigger design to the Blown fuel hydros --period

Just like the Twisted boat above

Dan,

So how does that boat run? I'm truly curious. I have always thought that the HP/LB ratio created by minimum weight rules for each engine class would make the outriggers non-viable. The HP/LB ratio we enjoy in our model boats is considerably out of reach for the full size boats under the current restrictions, aren't they?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

Dan its been kinda quiet on the other forums, any news you guys are willing to share on testing of Twisted ?

Amazing amount of trick stuff on that build.
default_cool.png

I don't have all the details but the boat is a one of build for MONTYS Racing... There is a Tubular frame under that. You can all the pic of the boat and the motor a V-8 on face book.

look under Monty Racing.....He is mercury killer that Foley makes sure not to line up against.....
default_tongue.png
:p
default_tongue.png
default_biggrin.png
:D
default_laugh.png
:lol:
default_ph34r.png
:ph34r:

LOL He is a mad scientist for sure Chuck !! Great guy and super knowledgeable . When he ports one of his engines ....they saw the back of the block off and weld it back on when finished !
default_biggrin.png

I don't have all the details but the boat is a one of build for MONTYS Racing... There is a Tubular frame under that. You can all the pic of the boat and the motor a V-8 on face book.

look under Monty Racing.....He is mercury killer that Foley makes sure not to line up against.....
default_tongue.png
:p
default_tongue.png
default_biggrin.png
:D
default_laugh.png
:lol:
default_ph34r.png
:ph34r:
Been following it on Scream and Fly, Chuck . the effort in this project is OFF THE CHAIN
default_blink.png

It's interesting that the skid fin is attached on the outside of the sponson. [Or on the outside of the part of the sponson that stick out and to the rear and above the sponson's running transom] Has anyone tried this on a model rigger with any success?

It's interesting that the skid fin is attached on the outside of the sponson. [Or on the outside of the part of the sponson that stick out and to the rear and above the sponson's running transom] Has anyone tried this on a model rigger with any success?
It is not supposed to be mounted that way but everyone has there own ideas.

It is not supposed to be mounted that way but everyone has there own ideas.
it would be worthwhile to try it might be able to put less bend in the fin

Any news floating around your willing to share about testing results Dan ? its been mighty quiet on the other boards....

Latest posts

Back