NEW Futaba wheel pistol

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLAN YUEN

default_ph34r.png
Look Nice radio
default_happy.png
Anyone get new 7PX 2.4GHZ ? what second opionion ?
default_rolleyes.gif
Better than 4PX/??

fut%207px.jpg

Nice, a seven channel 4PLS/PX. I can't see spending $600 for it though when the 4PLS will do basically the same thing for $180. The 4PX is actually only $50 less so, I guess, if you really think you need seven channels.................................................

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using one with my rc cars. Nice bit of bling, overkill for my nitro boat setups though....kind of wished I kept my 4PK for my boats.

Improved response rates seems to be what most of the hype is about.

Feels very similar to a 4px to hold.

the upside is that you now have mph on your transmitter, I saw a youtube vid months ago of an airplane stick radio with mph on a screen and audibly read aloud from internal speaker while running, previously unavailable on 4px

that is the only reason i'm considering it, tho using fhss telemetry is required and I've used fasst previously, making the decision less than automatic (CF in boat and cowl)

The receiver it comes with doesn't even support telemetry and unless you use SV servo's that are SR mode compatible this technology is slower than the Fasst system is.

I don't believe Futaba has a GPS module yet to work with these radio's.

To me, it looks great but there's still a few things that need to be "massaged" just a bit. Unless you are going to use it for something like a scale ship with several controllable features, it's really overkill. At least it works with the R304SB telemetry receiver that comes standard with the 4PLS though, as I said previously, the $420 price difference AND the additional $60 cost for the receiver to get the telemetry as well as the following parts cost just doesn't make it cost effective:

Temp Sensor-$70

RPM Sensor-$50

Drive Pack Voltage Sensor-$50

S.Bus Hub-$27(only needed if more than one telemetry source is used)

dont care about temps or rpm....just want this to work (voltage sensor too)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBYNR

at the bottom of the tech notes, sez not compatible with 4px (which is why I skipped that upgrade), while the 7px tech notes say 'full telemetry compatible'...so I'm assuming the gps will work in surface systems...

looks like the new receiver has dual antennas, similar to fasst...so it's lookin good for what im doin

I think you are correct. It may work on this new radio. http://www.futabarc.com/accessories/futm0850.html

It still isn't listed on the chart for compatibility but likely the 7PX is just new and will be added soon and show compatibility.

P1ShQJM.png

Very possible as maybe the literature on the SBS-01G is still saying only for other radio's but not the surface but they could be dated because I don't see that noted on Futaba's site anymore and it used to say that there too.

Below says the 6K is compatible but the chart above says otherwise.

.This is the Futaba SBS-01G GPS Sensor.

FEATURES
Compatible with the Futaba 18MC-WC, 18MZ, 18SZ, 14SG, 10J, 6K,
Indicates the distance, speed, and altitude of aircraft to which it
is attached
One year limited warranty through Hobby Services beginning at date
of purchase

INCLUDES
Futaba SBS-01G Altitude Sensor with Instructions and section of
Double Sided Tape

SPECIFICATIONS
Range (speed): About 0-311mph (0-500km/h)
Altitude: about -766-+6015 yard (-700m-+5500m)
Vario Meter: About -336-+336mph (-150m/s-+150m/s)
Length: 6.9" (175mm)
Weight: 0.388oz (11g)
Voltage: DC 3.7V-7.4V

REQUIREMENTS
Mounting in aircraft and connecting to the S.BUS2 port of Futaba
telemetry enabled receiver
This sensor will not work with the 4PX transmitter.
jxs 12/14/12
ir/jxs
updt jxs 06/30/16

The receiver it comes with doesn't even support telemetry and unless you use SV servo's that are SR mode compatible this technology is slower than the Fasst system is.

Yes they have, SBS-01G works fine.
Futaba is catching up, other brands have had gps surface systems for awhile now

spoke with tower today, they are upgrading gps sensor before the end of the year as well, new model #SBS-02G

Nice, I hope it works with the 4PX too. I was debating if the new touchscreen would be better or not. When my 4PX inevitably gets sprayed with exhaust, the big jog button gets slippery and hard to use. The touchscreen might be better in that case? I’d like to hear some feedback on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes they have, SBS-01G works fine.
You have 7PX already and are using the SBS-01G with it without issues ?

Back