When is too much, too much?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Santistevan

I was working in my shop this weekend and for some reason I though I might need more charging pigtails. The 35 or so that I have apparently were not enough! I took out my existing pigtails and it started to bother me that they used different type of banana jacks and wire. I proceeded to take apart every cable and remake them using the same length and silicon shielded wire so that they were all the same. In addition, since I have two chargers I decided I might need up to 8 of each type and the proceeded to make the additional pigtails.

I laid them all out in a row to really compare each of the build and kinda pat myself on the back for a project well done when the three big letters entered my mind OCD. Now they are a painful reminder of my affliction. I haven't told my wife yet, I am not sure she will understand. It is a dark dark place I am living in right now.

ONLY 5 MORE MONTH TILL THE NEW SEASON STARTS!
default_biggrin.png

I have to agree with Brad.

Let's look at your "affliction more closely. Let's start out with these questions:

How many boats/classes do you run during a regatta?

How many battery packs do you have to recharge/cycle before heading to the pond?

Can everything you need fit into your car/truck?

Does your wife race/run as well or is it just you?

Add everything up, count a no on the last two questions as a one.

IF you score under 10, you're going to be fine. An 11 or higher and you are right, she won't understand and it's time to look for help

Last edited by a moderator:
I get it every winter. It's becoming that time of year again when I haul everything out of the trailer and into the basement and put that way up in the back yard so that I've got driveway space again. I'm now waiting for this winter's project to be released and making room to work on that plus doing those "weird" little things to kill time.

We are all already there so don't ask any more!! You can see my problem in the what's new post. Take care David any we hope to see you at the NAMBA Nat's next year! They do have drugs for these problems but they just slow you down. Have to get Mark's boats done and off to him before I go for surgery again and then I will be on those drugs again!

Take care

Brad

Thank you for the diagnosis of my particular problem I've been dealing with it for some time didn't know it had a name until now.lol

I've been diagnosed as having ADD after it was discovered that my son has it. That explained a lot of stuff over the years. The Doc gave me a script for it but after taking one pill I'd rather deal with the symptoms.

OK, off to prep the shop for the incoming project, again...........

Latest posts

Back