Custom props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenOlvis

the new fe record was set with a stock prop?

I here when a new golfer plays is first couple games he plays ok the more he thinks he knows the worse his game gets

Dose this apply to are prop knowledge lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell a stock 1657 would push a boat over 200mph if you could turn it 95,000rpm. LOL

Ken,

Definitely not a stock prop. The JAG's team (Joerg, Arne and Gunnar) have been working on their own prop design since 2001. The prop I went 143mph with started life as a stock prop recast in stainless and then profiled to our liking.

Tyler

Ken,

Definitely not a stock prop. The JAG's team (Joerg, Arne and Gunnar) have been working on their own prop design since 2001. The prop I went 143mph with started life as a stock prop recast in stainless and then profiled to our liking.

Tyler
Thank you for insite to going fast sir great work

I didnt think so. I seen posted it was a stock ABC Prop just sharpen an balanced an cup 1.4 lol

STOCK PROP !!!!!
default_laugh.png
:lol:
default_laugh.png
:lol:

Stock Octura propellers have set many records and have the potential to set many more records in the future.

In 2003 I officially ran 114 mph with STOCK (sharpened & balanced only) 2170's on stock MAC 84's in an Eagle SGX Twin at Blue Lake in Valdosta, Ga.

At that time there was no official IMPBA Twin Class for records. The current IMPBA Twin Hydro record is 113+ MPH.

Tyler,

I know one of the new records was done with two of the new stock ABC propellers.

Jim has all the information on the set up. We were talking yesterday on the phone

and he was telling me all about it.

Mark Sholund

A great well balanced sharp prop,less friction drive line an good motor.is a great starting point. Then Start improving

Is what I have learned

DRV2WIN

Ken

I thought you guys were asking about the rigger props. The props Marko ran on the twin cat were stock ABC props. The prop Arne ran for the world record were his team props.

The issues with SAW props are efficiency, the ability to turn input power into thrust, and adequate pitch for the input rpm. Where the input rpm is limited as in internal combustion engines, you often need more pitch than any stock props have. The break through in gas speeds was first one of Joerg's high pitch custom props then repitched 2170 props. They got the G1 record over 100 mph with an engine limited to around 18 to19,000 rpm. Both may sacrifice some efficiency for the needed pitch. Electrics have a much wider rpm selection so stock props may have enough pitch.

Lohring Miller

Stock Octura propellers have set many records and have the potential to set many more records in the future.

In 2003 I officially ran 114 mph with STOCK (sharpened & balanced only) 2170's on stock MAC 84's in an Eagle SGX Twin at Blue Lake in Valdosta, Ga.

At that time there was no official IMPBA Twin Class for records. The current IMPBA Twin Hydro record is 113+ MPH.

114 @ Blue Lake took balls of steel with a twin
default_blink.png

Andy,

Andy's 114 is not that far off from the 96 that Jerry Crowther ran on the same pond with his F Mono!!! Lake is long but the one end has no room to turn around??

Later!!

Pat

Andy,

Andy's 114 is not that far off from the 96 that Jerry Crowther ran on the same pond with his F Mono!!! Lake is long but the one end has no room to turn around??

Later!!

Pat
Yeah , I was there that day Jerry broke the Mono record- also watched Chris H push the window pretty hard there as well, 114 is a push with a twin for that lake, your using every inch of it
default_wink.png

Plenty of room to turn at both ends ... Pretty much a rectangle with the same width at both ends. At about 1500' it is a little short for the really fast classes now when running true SAW boats that have limited turning. Andy's twin had no problem making passes at those speeds because it turned good while still going fast. If I remember right it was not a true SAW boat, but a customer's heat racing boat they had set up for straight line.

GQ

Latest posts

Back