94 smokin joes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Ballard

Building a ML smokin joes. The Newton plans are vague on how the rear tiplets and the rear ride pads should look. Haven't had any luck finding a good picture of the rear of that hull either. If anyone has a good picture of how that all comes together it would be a BIG help! Thanks in advance guys.

there were a couple variations of the hull

here is a 95 version with no rear shoes

This one 94 hull has rear shoes

Last edited by a moderator:

here is a 94 version with no rear shoes

attachicon.gif
94tricitiesSmoken_Joes009.jpg

This one 94-95 hull has rear shoes

attachicon.gif
rear sponosons 94 95 SJoes.jpg
The '94 always had rear shoes. The first pic is of the mid '95 boat when the shoes were removed.
default_smile.png

Thanks for chiming in Don. I want to try and get this boat right. Figured it was time to get that cowl I bought from you off the shelf and put to use! Better late than never:). Did that boat always have the white bottom or did they run it yellow at some point?

here is a 94 version with no rear shoes

attachicon.gif
94tricitiesSmoken_Joes009.jpg

This one 94-95 hull has rear shoes

attachicon.gif
rear sponosons 94 95 SJoes.jpg
The '94 always had rear shoes. The first pic is of the mid '95 boat when the shoes were removed.
default_smile.png
Ok I had it reverse, shoes then no shoes, I found the pic and they were named that way I think.

That no shoes pic has a date stamp on it of July 94 though?

Thanks for chiming in Don. I want to try and get this boat right. Figured it was time to get that cowl I bought from you off the shelf and put to use! Better late than never:). Did that boat always have the white bottom or did they run it yellow at some point?
was all yellow for almost all of '94.
default_smile.png

The difference on the Winston was that the shoes were all the way inside the air trap. Unlike the pic Phil posted above. They were half in half out on the Joe's

thanks guys. do you know of any pic of the bottom of the boat

thanks rob

Latest posts

Back