New Canard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gary Murcott

If it looks like the Dagger Boat Works Stiletto then I got it right this is a gas boat 43 inches long going to run a new Q D this is the plug will have the mold by next week

Comments Welcome

P1030091.JPG

P1030093.JPG

P1030094.JPG

P1030095.JPG

Thank Steve it will be a shoe box to hard to make it strong enough on the seam with a clam shell

Gary

Gary,

It wasn't till the third photo I realized the was no sponsons?? You are right the deck is looking very "Dagger"!! Are you going to offset the right sponson on this?? "Dagger" was 1/8" deeper on the right side.. Lookin' good as usual!!

Later!!

Pat

It's going to be interesting to see what the finished boat looks like. I have one from Brian Bounds (what up dog) that has a Quickdraw 30.5 for power. All I can say is awesome, but this is my first canard so I have nothing to compare it to.

Not going to off set the rt sponson I have a set of molds for the Dagger Stiletto but when I maid the molds I took that out and the boat ran better

Steve the boat you have I built and designed and sold the molds to Brian I have eight years of r and d in that boat my new build is running the same bottom as yours I have always liked the look of the stiletto so I thought I would build a bigger look alike

Gary

Not going to off set the rt sponson I have a set of molds for the Dagger Stiletto but when I maid the molds I took that out and the boat ran better
Gary, curious what you meant by it ran better after you made the right sponson the same depth .....what did It help with that the original boat couldn't do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Curtis I maid the mold off the original had a lot of problems with it hooking changed the rear sponsons to be the same different boat a lot smother in the corners

Last edited:
Gotcha, didn't know if I needed to try something like that on our Stilettos, but wanted to see what it improved over the original design first. Thx

Curtis I was running a Mac 84 don t know if it is needed with a 45 I see you have a mod for the front sponson

Gary

Curtis,

You still got some "Stilleto's"??? They are older than you are!!! I never had a problem back in the day with the Nitro Stilleto's but maybe a slat on the left sponson to even them up may make a difference?? What was old is always NEW AGAIN!!!!

Later!!

Pat

Back