Gas props on nitro rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwilfong

Spent the day testing props just for the heck of it. Started with a AB CNC 7025/3 my SGX 90 boat with a 1.01 loved this prop. not the fastest I have run but hooked up real nice and handled superb. So I started trying props from the Gas guys boxes.

Thy where fast. Keeped putting on bigger and bigger props. Could not stop the motor and the speed keeped climbing.

A broken pipe mount ended the day with the same prop Wane uses on his twin gas rigger and it still wants more.

Next week will be going bigger to find the outer limit.

David

And they say gas is for cleaning parts and nitro is for racing.LOL.Was you using ABC props?

And they say gas is for cleaning parts and nitro is for racing.LOL.Was you using ABC props?
yes I was.Was more of a joke to start. see if you can pull this one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thy stopped laughing after about the fifth one and I said is that all you got.I need more prop.

We stopped at 2.8" will pick it up next weekend.

Needles to say I turn a few more RPM than a gas eng. with a 13cc pipe at 11 1/2".

David

David,

I will send you some for testing this week. I have plenty

here that want to go fast. So you pulled a 2818 with good RPM?

That is plenty STOUT on your boat. Sorry, I was very busy with

S.A.W. propellers the last few weeks. I am starting to catch up

a little bit.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

David,

I will send you some for testing this week. I have plenty

here that want to go fast. So you pulled a 2818 with good RPM?

That is plenty STOUT on your boat. Sorry, I was very busy with

S.A.W. propellers the last few weeks. I am starting to catch up

a little bit.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund
It reved so fast that it took the plug. The eng loved the load. First plug I took with this eng.

Just didn't pull it but hooked up tight on the buoys.

Will see if Lupe will bring his gun. want to hit 100MPH in race trim. :eek:

No problem SAW props come first. Got plenty of time to test for the winter Nat's.

Gust needed to burn some nitro and the gas props where there.

Between Wane and Ross have over 100 to test with :lol:

Will have the zoom carb fitted with a new adapter to test with next week.

Make sure you send the "so you think you are bad prop" :D

David

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

I just made a new propeller fixture and I can Bend in whatever

Pitch I want now.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Jim,

You probably have one in your shop, I just use mine differently.

It looks like a bench vise with an assortment of mandrels and pins.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

I have turned A 2918 with 10.0 cup from Mark & 2916 8.0 cup on a twin will just blow the engines up. Done that too. The RS101 is a MONSTER

I have turned A 2918 with 10.0 cup from Mark & 2916 8.0 cup on a twin will just blow the engines up. Done that too. The RS101 is a MONSTER
Well the eng is looking nice after the day of testing. The piston looks like new no pitting on the top or scoring on the ex face.

Have a few to run this weekend will see if it survives.

Made a new adapter for the 80 zoom to space it out 8mm from the back plate. Should help it from leaning over on the top end again.

On a single eng 10.5lbs boat it should scoot real nice with a 11.25 cup 2818-10

Will be testing the high rake props next. I think this will be the ticket.

I only run 50% nitro for testing for now. will juice it up once I land on the winner and loosen up the boat a little.

Still ruining the boat tight as a virgin.ain't no good if you can't keep it on the water in a 6 lap heat race. ;)

David

Spacing the carb out only hurts performance on our engines, the shorter the distance from the spraybar to the intake valve, the better.

The Zoom carb will not lean out if adjusted correctly.

Spacing the crab out only hurts performance on our engines, the shorter the distance from the spraybar to the intake valve, the better.

The Zoom carb will not lean out if adjusted correctly.
Thanks for the info Charles. I will try it both ways and see what it dose. The spacer is just a sandwich it will pull right out.

this will be the first run with this carb on the eng. Hopefully this will take it to a whole new level. From what it did on Julian's Eng's I think there is a level that we have not seen from the 1.01s

Now if I could just get you to make me a .500 tall by ..600 wide zoom. :wub:

David

Just shoot me a number. Never thought it would be free.

Just remember this is a toy boat not a NASCAR team. :lol:

Unless you want to sponsor the first 100MPH heat racing boat. :rolleyes:

David

David

We have had the ability to race at 100 for a while and all the tools need are available.......................Just,no one has been able to get the right comb to get all of it at one time. The key is easy excess and readily available part that are needed.

David

We have had the ability to race at 100 for a while and all the tools need are available.......................Just,no one has been able to get the right comb to get all of it at one time. The key is easy excess and readily available part that are needed.
Chuck

Yes having it all come together is the main thing. As far as making it available to every one. hell yes that is the whole point to this exercise.

Ain't no fun playing buy your self.

It seams that keeping secrets is the norm in this hobby. I don't play that game. I will share all I can to make this fun for every one. no ego or race team mentality here.

It's a toy boat and I plan on keeping it that way for me at least.

Will see if it all pans out.

I will say this my SGX 90 is a real trooper just wish thy where easer to get. Andy makes one hell of a boat!!! Not one mod to the boat. just play with the strut.

David

David

As you test you.....may find using the ABC props wil require you to work on the hull set-up. Would love to use them, but know first hand about the RPM run-away that JW spoke about. Secrets..............Welll.???? I am Sgt. Schultz on that " I know nothing,nothing,,,,,nothing!!!" ;) ;) :lol:

Back