Silent Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Jacobs

Supporting Member
We lost one of the great ones today. Ed Hughey passed away this morning. We owe many of the things we take for granted today to his ideas and development. God speed to him, he now joins many good boaters in the big pond up stairs.

How many of us have run his flex cables over the years? One of my first RC boats was a Hughey 20 'rigger.

I met him in person a few years ago at the Hobart race, one of the nicest people you'd ever meet.

RIP Ed.

RIP Ed.
default_sad.png
Prayers to the family.

Super nice guy met him at the Indy races in the late 70's if you asked a decent question and listened you learned a lot

Prayer for his family.

Walt Barney

I'm so sorry to hear this. He was one of the truly good guys in model boating.

Al Hobbs

Ed Hughey was my Mentor when I started in this hobby. He was smart beyond your imagination and was the creator of many of the fine products we use today. He will be missed.

Thoughts and prayers to his family. One of the great innovators in our sport/hobby.

Steve Ball

I last saw Ed up at the Hobart race a few years ago. What a nice gentleman he was to talk to. He was always one of the "giants" in this hobby and will forever be remembered as such. He gave the hobby many innovations, won a lot of races, set a bunch of world records........he did it all and did it with class. He will be missed by all of us that got to know him and meet him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family at this time.

Dick Tyndall

Back